lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2016, 09:47 PM   #1
Opienva1
Not Yet Wild

Default Used G1

I am looking at buying my first cart. We do some trail riding when camping in NC. The cart that I'm looking at is a G1 electric cart. What do I need to look at when trying it out? The batteries are 4 years old so I know they are near the end of their life. The owner said it goes slow up hills but doesn't stall is this normal? Will I be able to get new parts if needed for it being how old it is? Thanks in advance for the help.
Opienva1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2016, 08:18 AM   #2
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Used G1

Good morning,

G1 carts are nice carts that last a long time when taken care of. I own gas G 1 carts and really don't have any problem with hills. It could be that the batteries are getting old and there is no telling if they were properly maintained except you will have a good idea by a visual inspection.
Open all the caps and check the level as well as connections. G1 parts are getting harder to find and when you do they can be pricey if they are new old stock.
Make sure you look over the wiring really well as well as the control boards for any burnt contacts etc. you can do a search with the sponsors and get a good idea of what is available and cost. What year is the cart and what are they asking for it ? There are some parts that are just discontinued and impossible to find such as cowl, rear body assembly etc. keep in mind the cost of new batteries plus cart cost and see if it is worth it. Batteries are at least $600.00 and up depending on the brand you go with. Keep us posted and send some pictures if possible. Good luck !
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:39 PM   #3
Opienva1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Used G1

I got this cart today it is in real great shape. It will need upgraded springs for the rear. Where can I find HD springs at? Or is there a trick to stiffen up the stock setup. I will post pictures in a few days when it warms up a little.
Opienva1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha