lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2016, 11:54 AM   #1
mlboyland
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 EZGO TXT 48V Rear Axle

I purchased a 2011 EZGO TXT 48V. I put a 6" MJ lift on with 14" MSA wheels & 23" EFX Hammer A/T tires. I've upgraded the motor to the PlumQuick Bandit and the controller to the Alltrax XCT-48400-TXT-48 and 200A solenoid.

After upgrading the motor and controller, the cart was topping out at around 26 mph. This lasted about 2 weeks and then I noticed a grinding noise which then turned into a clanking noise. Now the motor will turn but the cart doesn't move.

Pulled off the rear brake drum hubs last night to see if they had been stripped. No dice. Pulled off the motor to see if something had been stripped in there. No dice. With the motor off, there is a noise coming from the gear housing in the rear axle.

Has anyone else had this same issue with similar upgrades listed above? Curious if this is going to be a recurring issue without upgrades to the rear axle. Any insight or recommendations as far as fix and prevention would be much appreciated.
mlboyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
48v, ezgo, rear axle, rebuild, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO