lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2016, 10:11 AM   #1
boatcrazy67
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 91 EZGO marathon hesitates at first start

The last few times I have used my ezgo marathon it has acted strange. It sits for about a week between uses and the very first time I turn the key and put the selector in forward it doesn't move. Even pushing the pedal to the floor does nothing. After moving the FNR switch, turning the key on and off and pressing the pedal eventually it clicks and takes off. After that initial hesitation it acts fine the rest of the day. It never acts this way in the reverse position. Any clue what could cause this? It has a new HD - FNR switch and HD solenoid, upgraded cables and upgraded controller. The only things I haven't changed are the pot box and one of the micro switches on the FNR switch. The new FNR switch came with a single pole switch and I need a double pole so I just used the double pole from the old FNR.

Thanks.
boatcrazy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2016, 10:58 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 91 EZGO marathon hesitates at first start

If the solenoid is not clicking when the pedal is pushed, you might have a sticky pedal switch.

It is located on or about the pot-box.

When the pedal is up, the plunger on the switch is pushed, and when the pedal is pushed down, the switch plunger is released and the NC (normally closed) contacts close, energizing the solenoid. (If key is on and a direction is selected)

As the switch ages, it gets gummed up inside and the little bitty spring that is supposed to close the NC contacts doesn't have the oomph to do the job.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:02 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I had a very similar issue, however, my cart would go.....but I notice when I would stop (I have one of Scotty's digital "Gas Gauges"), instead of the voltage building back up....it would continue to go down. That told me I was still drawing power off of the pack. BUT it didn't do it every time, but most of the time. After a little troubleshooting, I found that little throttle micro switch would STICK, but in the CLOSED position. I have a habit of putting the parking brake on every time I get out of the cart so the cart has never crept forward. So once I popped the top off of the ITS and "fiddled" with it, I could see it would stick now and then.....so a new switch was ordered.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:03 PM   #4
boatcrazy67
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

10-4 I'll check it out. Thanks JohnnieB.
boatcrazy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO