lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
Beckster
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax SPM 48500 error code

This is my first post and I am new here, so if Im posting in the wrong section let me know. Here is what I have and the issue that I'm having. I have a 1994 ezgo medalist 36v series cart. Batteries are 1 year old. I recently installed a 6 inch lift kit and tires. The cart looks sweet but I was unhappy with the torque up hill, so I figured it was time to beef up the components and motor. Yesterday, I installed a new Alltrax SPM 48500 controller, heavy duty solenoid, heavy duty f/r switch, D&D 170-010-0002 speed and torque motor, and heavy duty cables. I powered the cart up after installing everything and the cart didn't move an inch. I looked at the controller and noticed the Led indicator light was blinking 2 green lights followed by 3 red lights when I push the gas pedal down approx 1 inch. I looked in the manual and it says that error code means high throttle over range. If I push the gas pedal all the way to the floor, the led indicator light on the controller will turn solid green. I have no idea what that means or how to fix it. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
Beckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2016, 04:51 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Alltrax SPM 48500 error code

sounds like the wrong throttle type is selected in the controller. count flashes when first turned on to see set throttle type, if not correct, hook controller up to pc (Usb "A" to "B" printer cable), load alltrax software set throttle type "ITS".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:29 PM   #3
Beckster
Not Yet Wild

When I power it on the light doesn't blink, so I'm not sure how to check if it programmed correctly. I ordered it from EV Drives and I believe it's programmed for 0-5k throttle type. Looking at the Alltrax site, it says a faulty throttle could cause that error code as well. How can I check the throttle? Is that the Microswitch in the floor?
Old 05-30-2016, 06:37 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

94 was the change year. Ezgo Marathon would be 0-5k. Ezgo medalist would be an ITS throttle not 0-5k.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:25 PM   #5
Beckster
Not Yet Wild

There it is there. That was my bad in telling Carl at EV Drives that it is a 0-5k. I heard you were the man I needed to speak to. So, next question. Do I need to pull the controller out and send it back to be reprogrammed?
Old 05-30-2016, 07:31 PM   #6
flareside_thunder
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

No, you need the printer style usb cord and a laptop. You can do it yourself, easy peezy.
flareside_thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:32 PM   #7
flareside_thunder
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Like this. I just grabbed the one for my printer. http://www.deepsurplus.com/Computer-...CVGBoCHC7w_wcB
flareside_thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:05 PM   #8
Beckster
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. I'll update the thread once I complete the reprogramming.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:08 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yep that's the cable.
Now go here and download the program software.
http://alltraxinc.com/Products_SPM.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:33 PM   #10
Beckster
Not Yet Wild

update....So I programmed the controller for ITS throttle type. I now get 4 green lights and then it goes solid green which means everything is programmed right. I put the cart in forward and hit the gas and it didn't move. I put the cart in reverse and the cart went in reverse. Did I wire something backwards? Is the f/R switch wired wrong? help.....thanks in advance!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO