lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2016, 11:39 AM   #11
Beaner913
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gonna build a sparky this time

I appreciate your help. I have located a 1313 handset. I will be able to play with it tomorrow morning and see whats up. I also haven't been able to find any info on switching the two modes without a handset. Iit seems to me that if J1-20 is the mode pin, I should be able to hook up a switch to toggle between the two modes. But without knowledge out what volts that would run on Im not about to start plugging stuff in there.
Beaner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2016, 12:48 PM   #12
mjroman20
Gone Wild

You're correct in that assumption. The control will operate in mode 1 by default. Applying B+ to pin 20 will set the control to mode 2. There should also be a setting called 'Mode After Key' if this is set to '0' the key switch will need to be cycled before the setting change takes effect. Setting it to 1 will allow you to change it on the fly, but it does its best to transition smoothly between the two operation modes.

If you're playing for more speed and have an OEM handset I would suggest lowering the field min a bit. The default value appears to be 6 which is fairly high. Dropping this value increases the potential RPM in the motor but reduces torque at higher speeds. So it is possible to drive it too low for the cart to operate under loaded conditions. It is also possible this will cause the control to operate the motor below the field mapping curve so keep an eye on the temperature of the motor. If it is getting hot after very short run time bring it back up. The 1268 goes as low as 2A.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:58 AM   #13
Beaner913
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My buddy came by on Friday and turns out he had the same Curtis handheld programmer that I have. So Im back to square one for a while. Is there a way to tell which mode the controller is in without the programmer hooked up?
Old 06-20-2016, 08:16 AM   #14
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaner913 View Post
My buddy came by on Friday and turns out he had the same Curtis handheld programmer that I have. So Im back to square one for a while. Is there a way to tell which mode the controller is in without the programmer hooked up?
If there is no power on pin J1-20 it is in mode1. Additionally if you go into monitor there is a monitor point for "mode" which will display 1 or 2
Old 06-20-2016, 08:18 AM   #15
Beaner913
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok and with out a control unit mode 2 is probably a stock 12mph mode?
Old 06-20-2016, 10:04 AM   #16
mjroman20
Gone Wild

It looks like the factory default settings in that model control has mode 1 set to 14mph and mode 2 at 7mph.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:35 AM   #17
Beaner913
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok thanks. I think Im gonna leave well enough alone for now. Ill see where Im at with taller tires then maybe some gears or something. Thanks for the help, sure it wont be the last time.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:05 AM   #18
Beaner913
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So its been awhile so I thought I would update this slow build. Here are some pics of the progress. My only disappointment is the top speed of 17 mph. Gonna look into a controller from Scotty in a couple of weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170524_190917.jpg (207.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170629_184618_HDR.jpg (353.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Message_1540334203966.jpg (361.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO