lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2016, 07:45 PM   #1
MarkMiller
Not Yet Wild

Default 00. EZGO TXT PDS 36v running very slow

I have a 2000 EZGO TXT PDS 36 volt cart I bought as a project (not running). After replacing just about everything it will now run but super slow then it just stops until you let off the pedal and press again. I have read lots of threads on this site and have tried many things so as not to have to post but I just don't know where to go from here. These are the things I have replaced. Speed controller, speed sensor, accelorator pedal assembly,with new micro switch and throttle sensor, new battery cables, new solenoid and resistor. The batteries weren't new but less than a year old. I tested the batteries with a volt meter as well as each cell with a hydrometer and they seem to check out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MarkMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2016, 09:19 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 00. EZGO TXT PDS 36v running very slow

First welcome to BGW, check battery pack voltage under load. Connect the DVM to the pack and drive... with the pedal to the floor the voltage should read about 34v or more.
If voltage is okay - replace the speed sensor magnet.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #3
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

Im working on one that will take off normal speed then slows half speed after the first start up runs slow all the time both directions new batteries also.
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:27 PM   #4
CooperRXV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like it could be the Bearing Encoder. EZ Go Item # 612595. I just replaced mine for a similar problem - the difference being that my cart would only crawl along in forward or reverse. Runs great now.
CooperRXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperRXV View Post
Sounds like it could be the Bearing Encoder. EZ Go Item # 612595. I just replaced mine for a similar problem - the difference being that my cart would only crawl along in forward or reverse. Runs great now.
Bearing encoder kit for RXV ?
This is a PDS, the equivalent part is a speed sensor (magnet)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:36 PM   #6
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

I took the cover off motor controller checked all plugs for corrosion i got down to the plug for speed sensor but couldnt get it off the contactor cable was smashed against it So i took the cable off and moved it away from plug checked it reinstalled all plugs and cart took off at full speed .Problem solved.
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO