lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

View Poll Results: If you had a choice to buy either a 2012 RXV and a 2012 TXT, when would you buy rxv
I would pay $200 more for the RXV 10 52.63%
I would pay up to $100 more for the RXV 0 0%
I would buy the RXV if prices were the same 2 10.53%
I would buy the TXT if prices were the same 7 36.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2017, 02:53 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Would you buy RXV or TXT, Ceteris Paribus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
One person told me to check and see if the controller was silver or black. Does that tell me which controller is newer and which is older?

Also, with the 12.5's and up, if you buy the handheld diagnostic tool, does that make it easier to trouble shoot and repair than the txt?
I guess that would be true also. Danaher is grey, Curtis is black.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #12
george lai
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 2011 RXV . Handles the hills in our campground like a champ . Plus it almost never gets hot . Although if pushed hard for a long duration you will notice a little heat under the seat. It runs a long time on one charge. You will read about any problems I have with it here when they happen. Two summers so far with no issues . Knock on wood.
george lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:18 PM   #13
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Heat shield is black on curtis (2012.5) or newer or silver on older Danaher carts.
Note arrow in the picture. Also 8v batteries in this cart. 12v is standard and a weakness IMO.
Thanks for the pics and clarification. So, just to be clear, I am looking at the heat shield color, not the controller itself.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:33 PM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

Either would work, but heat shield is easier to see from 10 feet away. I can also tell a danaher rxv from the odd chirp of the reverse buzzer when key is turned on.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #15
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 2010 RXV, bought used about a year ago, so far no problems related to the Danaher controller, though I did have to replace the electric parking brake (common problem, easy swap if I had to do it again I could probably do the job in 20 minutes or less). For me I went into it knowing this was the inferior controller, however the price was right on the cart and charger $1,600 with 2 year old batteries. At that price I can afford to retrofit a Curtis controller if the Danaher ever fails.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:31 PM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
I have a 2010 RXV, bought used about a year ago, so far no problems related to the Danaher controller, though I did have to replace the electric parking brake (common problem, easy swap if I had to do it again I could probably do the job in 20 minutes or less). For me I went into it knowing this was the inferior controller, however the price was right on the cart and charger $1,600 with 2 year old batteries. At that price I can afford to retrofit a Curtis controller if the Danaher ever fails.
Good way to look at it! Buy the danaher when the price is too good to pass up (thinking controller & harness price in the future).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO