lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2017, 09:21 AM   #1
ilflyer
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 txt pds cart won't go

We have two of these carts here on the farm. Cart # 1 will not move. Batteries are at a total pack voltage of 38.5. Solenoid will not click when pedal is pushed. Cart does not make any attempt to move. Cart # 2 works just fine. We took solenoid out of Cart 2 and put in cart 1. Cart 1 still not working, cart 2 works fine. Put controller from cart 2 into cart 1. Still cart 1 doesn't work and cart 2 works just fine. No other modifications done to these carts, all stock. Need some help on what to check next.
Serial # on cart 1 is 2165020
ilflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2017, 09:25 AM   #2
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 txt pds cart won't go

check the reed switch in the charger port and the signal from the "gas" pedal...that should point you in the right direction.....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:49 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The trouble is either in
1. a bad battery
2. a high amperage cable
3. the solenoid activation circuit

1. put a meter on the battery pack and note the reading - now try to go and note the voltage drop. No drop = no draw. 5-6v drop and no go means a bad battery = test batteries individually

2. twist and pull all 20 cable ends - clean connections.

3. when you press to gas to go, there should be 36v + at all ends of every red line (wire) in this diagram. Start at the charge receptacle follow the lines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo PDS solenoid activation diagram.jpg (148.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:54 PM   #4
ilflyer
Not Yet Wild

Got it fixed. It was the pedal switch. Bad connection, fixed that and she runs like a top. I would never had figured that out without your help! Thanks. Like I said this is a great site.
ilflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:59 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilflyer View Post
Got it fixed. It was the pedal switch. Bad connection, fixed that and she runs like a top. I would never had figured that out without your help! Thanks. Like I said this is a great site.
Yes it is I'm happy to help as are many people here. If you feel obligated just click on the donate button near the page header and give the site a few bucks to help keep the lights on. That's voluntary but you will get donation stars under your name so people will know you support the BGW site.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO