lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #1
Dgreen902
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric club car jerks on take off

My 86 club car irks hard as soon as you hit the pedal forward and reverse . I lifted the rear wheels off of the ground and as soon as I hit the pedal the wheels spun hard I pushed the pedal further and I heard the other 4 coils pick up
Dgreen902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2017, 12:21 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Electric club car jerks on take off

Easy with running the cart off the ground , with no resistance you can easily surpass the rev limits of the motor and burn it up .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:36 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgreen902 View Post
My 86 club car irks hard as soon as you hit the pedal forward and reverse . I lifted the rear wheels off of the ground and as soon as I hit the pedal the wheels spun hard I pushed the pedal further and I heard the other 4 coils pick up
If that is the v-glide style, check the contacts and wiper arm inside. If it is the multiple limit/speed switch style, see if they are engaging and/or falling in and out.

Based on what you describe, it sounds like the contacts or arm are out of adjustment or bad.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:31 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It sounds like one of your high speed solenoids is stuck in the closed position. When the first solenoid turns on, it provides power to the rest of the solenoids in the pack. If the 4th or 5th solenoid is stuck in the closed position, you'll get a huge rush of power as soon as the first solenoid clicks. Disconnect your batteries, pull the buss bar and all wiring off of the front row of all of the solenoids and do a continuity test across the two large posts on each solenoid separately. If you have an internal connection on any of these solenoids when they're open (off), you'll need to replace that particular solenoid. Another common issue I've seen is people working on these cars and placing the grey 6 gauge wire on the buss bar side of solenoid #5, instead of placing it with the resistor coil stand-off. If this wire is on the buss bar, this can create the exact same symptoms, even with proper working solenoids.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car