lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2017, 09:13 PM   #1
noodlenugs
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Pq rattlesnake and alltrax 48500.

Howdy all, I didn't want to hijack another thread about controller questions so here goes :-)

I have a 93 d's that I converted from 36 to 48 volt and a new alltrax 48500 controller kit from Scotty. My stock motor netted me 18mph top speed...so looking in to motors, I settled on a rattlesnake from pq. They told me I should net 28 to 30 mph with my current setup. I got the new motor tonight and installed it and now my top end is 22 to 23.

My question is, is this a controller thing slowing me down? I do have 2 gauge wires to everything except my battery jumpers, they are the stock ones from my 36 volt setup. I will be making new battery jumpers Thursday evening. Will those battery jumpers slow me down that much? Or is there something else I need to be looking in to as Well?

My controller setting are pretty much exactly the way Scotty sent them to me,but, when I ordered the controller I was still running 36 volts. When I went to 48, the controller looked as if it was all correct...i get way more than enough torque, so much that my wife complains about the reverse, even though my fn1 is turned all the way down. But my top end is lacking according to what PQ expected.

Please forgive typos, I have fat thumbs...and I tend to ramble

Thanks for any help, yoiu guys are the best!
noodlenugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2017, 10:09 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Pq rattlesnake and alltrax 48500.

You do need to upgrade the rest of your cables. (But that is not the contributor here)

Alltrax has many maps for different motors. Yours was set up for what you had then so now that you have changed it, you need to redo your map and settings.

Hit up scottyb or contact alltrax for the correct map and then set everything up and customize it to fit your needs.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:59 PM   #3
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

In addition to what Nole said, how are you sure your settings are correct? Post them up here
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:45 AM   #4
noodlenugs
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

No problem, I will post my settings this evening.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:18 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The good news is that You don't have to worry about Motor Field maps since it is a Series drive system.

Since You originally had a stock Motor, most likely the Controller was tuned-down to prevent a Motor meltdown.

The FN1 Controls both the Speed (Voltage sent to Motor) and the Throttle Rate at the same time.

Make sure the slider for the Speed goes all the way to 100% for Forward and whatever you want for reverse (50%).

Since You already said the throttle rate seems too high, lower both the maximum and the minimum values for the throttle rate slider.

Turn both the Motor amps and the Battery amps to max since that motor will handle it now (these control torque not speed).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:37 AM   #6
Bobthefish19
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a 97 DS with bandit and Alltrax and only getting 21. When I installed the Alltrax I didn't see much improvement in anything. I have every upgrade installed. keep us updated
Bobthefish19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:28 AM   #7
noodlenugs
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I will update when I get home this evening, but fairly certain all of the settings are turned up to 100%. I know forward speed 100% and reverse is 50%. Although the turning down reverse % seems to not do anything.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:48 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

noodlenugs, the reverse setting will only do anything if You are applying +48v to the Controller Blue connector when you switch your FNR to reverse.

Bobthefish19, that is about the right speed for the Series Bandit with stock tires.

Unlike a Sepex system, on a Series system you need a motor wound for speed or more voltage, a high amperage controller cannot make a Series motor go Faster.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:26 AM   #9
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Speed seems slow for the Rattlesnake II. IIRC, Swan is running that same motor on a 700 amp FSIP controller and getting low 30's for top speed.

Email Alltrax for the correct map for that motor.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:37 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Speed seems slow for the Rattlesnake II. IIRC, Swan is running that same motor on a 700 amp FSIP controller and getting low 30's for top speed.

Email Alltrax for the correct map for that motor.
No such a thing as "motor maps" for series controllers.

Swan has 23" tires which will make noodlenugs cart also go 30mph (use the speed calculator).

The amperage on the controller (above stock) has no impact on top speed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car