lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2018, 12:53 PM   #1
jaco523
Not Yet Wild

Default stock 2005 club car precedent - upgrade recommendations

We just moved to a home on a golf course that included a 2005 precedent. The cart is completely stock, and i just replaced the batteries with trojan t-1275s. We'll be primarily using the cart for golfing and driving around the neighborhood.

I've been trying to learn as much as i can about electric carts, and I've started looking at all of the upgrade options available for the precedent. This forum is a fantastic source of information with very knowledgable and active members. I am a little frightened though, as i start adding up all of the upgrades that i'd like to do!

one of my first upgrades will be a rear seat kit. i'm leaning towards the genesis 250 or 300. How much heavier is the 250? is it worth it to step up to the 300?

upgrading the controller seems to be best bang-for-the-buck upgrade, but i'm having difficulty deciding between the different alltrax models. I don't plan to upgrade the stock motor if i can get away with it.

I understand that the alltrax 48300IQ will work with the stock cables, motor, and solenoid.

if i go with the 48400 or 48500, i'll also need to upgrade the stock cables and solenoid, which will increase the cost by several hundred dollars.

with the stock motor, is there any benefit to stepping up to the 400 or 500, or would that only be necessary with an upgraded motor?

I also like to install a personality keyswitch to lock down the speedier modes if my kids are driving the cart. does the 300 also offer this option?

any recommendations or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated!
jaco523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2018, 02:22 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: stock 2005 club car precedent - upgrade recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco523 View Post
We just moved to a home on a golf course that included a 2005 precedent. The cart is completely stock, and i just replaced the batteries with trojan t-1275s. We'll be primarily using the cart for golfing and driving around the neighborhood. Ok

I've been trying to learn as much as i can about electric carts, and I've started looking at all of the upgrade options available for the precedent. This forum is a fantastic source of information with very knowledgable and active members. I am a little frightened though, as i start adding up all of the upgrades that i'd like to do! It is costly to play....

one of my first upgrades will be a rear seat kit. i'm leaning towards the genesis 250 or 300. How much heavier is the 250? is it worth it to step up to the 300? Unless you are putting big people back there you should be fine

upgrading the controller seems to be best bang-for-the-buck upgrade, but i'm having difficulty deciding between the different alltrax models. I don't plan to upgrade the stock motor if i can get away with it. You want the XCT-300 Look here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/c...-club-car-prec

I understand that the alltrax 48300IQ will work with the stock cables, motor, and solenoid. Yes

if i go with the 48400 or 48500, i'll also need to upgrade the stock cables and solenoid, which will increase the cost by several hundred dollars. Yes

with the stock motor, is there any benefit to stepping up to the 400 or 500, or would that only be necessary with an upgraded motor? If you have no plans to upgrade the motor, which for your usage I would not, then no.

I also like to install a personality keyswitch to lock down the speedier modes if my kids are driving the cart. does the 300 also offer this option? Absolutely the FNKS will work with the XCT-300 Look here http://www.cartsunlimited.net/mode-l...-controls.html

any recommendations or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated!
See above
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:51 PM   #3
crash test dummy

Old 06-10-2018, 04:53 PM   #4
jaco523
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick response and advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2018, 05:08 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you are going to only use it for golf and driving around the community you don't need to upgrade the drive system the stock controller will do fine. Especially if you are in Florida or anywhere there isn't any hills. Now if you plan on going street legal that's another story. As an added remark an Alltrax XCT48300IQ is basically a stock controller. The one mod you will want to do is add a speed magnet. That should get you close to 25mph. That's the cheapest way to increase speed.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #6
jaco523
Not Yet Wild

Even though I'll only be on the course and driving back and forth from the clubhouse, i'd like to boost acceleration and top speed.

Am I incorrect in assuming that the xct 300 will accomplish these goals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2018, 09:53 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco523 View Post
Even though I'll only be on the course and driving back and forth from the clubhouse, i'd like to boost acceleration and top speed.

Am I incorrect in assuming that the xct 300 will accomplish these goals?
Yes and yes and it will boost your torque as it will give you 350 peak amps. It is plug & play compatible for your cart, 2 year warranty and can mapped for your exact motor and then you can make user adjustments from there with the Alltrax Tool Kit.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:02 AM   #8
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would sugest you use the cart stock for awhile and get a good solid feel of how you will really use it and what you really expect from it. I bought an old ezgo txt drove it into our garage and went to work on it. My first thoughts when I got a cart was speed, I wanted it to go fast. Yes faster than my neighbors. So I spent a few dollars, I don't want to say how much, but I could have gone out and bought a new cart, but for me the project was the best part, I love our golf cart any way after having it for a year it is not about the speed. Our cart will go 27 MPH, we have the capability to turn a knob to limit the speed three settings. The point I want to make is most of the time we just are cruisin along at pretty slow speeds. I live in a hilly community and our cart does pretty good going up hill and we have some steep hills. If I was to build another cart it would be a torque monster to maintain speed going up hill, matter of fact a new project with AC drive and lithium batteries sounds fun.
This is a great site and great people, have fun.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax controller, genesis, precedent, xct
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car