lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #1
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent - LED Lights, Conversion?

I have a Precedent with the conventional light kit, head and tail lights w/turn signals. I don't know if it's OEM or aftermarket. I suspect aftermarket looking at the install under the floorboard. I'd like to convert the 3 assemblies to LED units. If that's possible, where can I find the replacements. I've searched high and low and can't find a kit or even replacement parts. I also recall someone (Sergio?) posting something about having to put a diode or something inline to prevent feedback? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
SCCLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2018, 10:49 AM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent - LED Lights, Conversion?

LMGTFY

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=precedent+led+headlights
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:09 PM   #3
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Rear lights are LED. Front can be replaced with led Bulbs or new LED headlight assembly. Only thing to replace is entire from assembly or front bulbs with LED light bulbs.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:34 PM   #4
jrhopf17
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I’m looking to also add an led light kit to my Precedent as well as a reducer, new dash with toggles to control voltmeter and other accessories, and usb outlets. I would like to support members of the forum, who can I contact about purchasing? Also, has any one done this type of thing and have any tips or tricks?
jrhopf17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:48 PM   #5
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes, that's what I want to do. Replace the front light assembly and the rear tail lights, while using my pre existing harnesses. Sort of a remove, plug and play thing I'd hoped. The cart came with the deluxe light kit (turn signal, horn and brake lights) but sans LED lights. I can find a few LED headlight assemblies but I want LED tail lights even more. Fear of getting run over from behind during daylight hours. No one seems to sell a LED light kit with just the three light assemblies.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:16 PM   #6
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is what I found out. I had the same problem. I wanted individual spare parts. I searched the internet for weeks and all I could find was dealers wanting to sell you the entire light kit. I know this is going to sound like a commercial for Revolution Golf Carts but Dave is the only one I could find that will sell you the individual parts that you need. The only catch is that you can't order them off of his web site. You have to PM him, call him or even contact him on Facebook. He'll get right back to you and you tell him what you want.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #7
SCCLT
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Many thanks WalterM6. I looked at his web site, but never thought to contact his directly.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:09 PM   #8
phins2rt
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Here is what I found out. I had the same problem. I wanted individual spare parts. I searched the internet for weeks and all I could find was dealers wanting to sell you the entire light kit. I know this is going to sound like a commercial for Revolution Golf Carts but Dave is the only one I could find that will sell you the individual parts that you need. The only catch is that you can't order them off of his web site. You have to PM him, call him or even contact him on Facebook. He'll get right back to you and you tell him what you want.
Thanks WalterM6! I contacted Dave and was able to get my new headlamp pronto. he seems like a great guy to work with.
phins2rt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car