lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2018, 07:40 PM   #11
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Drive Train Upgrade After Wheel Upgrade?

Must be one hell of a rough golf course to need 23" rubber.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2018, 12:04 AM   #12
ufjaz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Must be one hell of a rough golf course to need 23" rubber.
Well I guess I liked the lifted look and it seems a 6" lift was very popular. And it seemed that 12" wheels would be a good match. I must admit opening the boxes and seeing the 23" in person, I was a little taken aback how big they looked. But I'm committed to giving them a go. That's why I was second guessing the impact on performance.
ufjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:12 AM   #13
ufjaz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes. The 23" tire is more than 25% taller than the original 18" tire. This changes the rear end gearing by an equal amount mathematically. The result is a real 25% reduction in torque or power where the rubber meets the road or trail.
That is why drive system upgrades are so popular with modified carts.
Scotty, since you replied to my post, let me ask. If I find the loss in torque unacceptable, what would be your recommendation for my 2000 CC DS 48V Series Drive?

After going thru your website it appears that the SR48500/400sol/HD F&R/2g package would be the logical upgrade, in as much all these components are necessary for the upgrade to be successful. Do you concur? Thanks for your insight.
ufjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:41 AM   #14
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

I raised a 2001 DS 6" and put on 22" tires recently and experienced steering problems until I adjusted the toe in. Mine was probably out to far start with and it didn't show up until then. I also just had my motor switched to a two speed configuration. Torque and speed modes that is switchable on the go. No other mods were necessary so far. Only cost about a third as much a s doing the whole upgrade deal. So far so good. Torque mode I get about 18 mph and speed mode I get about 22 mph. I did change the battery cables.
oncearacer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:07 PM   #15
sidewalkman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncearacer52 View Post
I raised a 2001 DS 6" and put on 22" tires recently and experienced steering problems until I adjusted the toe in. Mine was probably out to far start with and it didn't show up until then. I also just had my motor switched to a two speed configuration. Torque and speed modes that is switchable on the go. No other mods were necessary so far. Only cost about a third as much a s doing the whole upgrade deal. So far so good. Torque mode I get about 18 mph and speed mode I get about 22 mph. I did change the battery cables.
I'm pretty sure that's not an options for a 2000 series cart, please correct me if I'm wrong
sidewalkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The 2 speed motors are Series motors with two separate Field or Stator coils and You add another heavy duty FNR type switch to change how the current flows between them.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:58 PM   #17
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sergio is right. I probably have the same motor you have. I would give contact info but, I'm not sure it is allowed. You can pm me and then I think it is ok.
oncearacer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car