lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2018, 03:26 PM   #1
Hubbard
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy 04 club car with powerdrive 2 charger. Charger kicks off

I have a 04 club car with a power drive 2 charger. A few weeks ago the rectifier blew so we changed it. The rectifier blew again this time blowing the fuse. I ordered a kit from eBay and changed the rectifier, relay, reset and fuse. Plugged it in and it jumps to 15 dc ampers, the charger runs and acts like it’s charging but after 15-20 minutes it stops. It doesn’t trip or kick anything. Unplug it from
The cart and plug it back in it will do the same again. Used neighbors charger it won’t even come on. Hooked my charger to his cart and it kicks on and off every 2-4 minutes. The obc has been bypassed since I thought that could be the issue. The only other thing to change in the charger would be a transformer but I am not sure since it does hum and as far as I know it will charge. It just kicks off (doesn’t make any noise when shutting off) and doesn’t give batteries a full charge. The charger will get warm and sometimes hot. My wife noticed the plug that goes into the cart will get pretty warm also but not all of the time. Could I have a bad relay? Rectifier? Batteries? Receptacle? I’m lost and I hate to keep sinking money into a charger if that’s not even an issue or batteries and so on. I charged each battery individually with car charger and each charge up. It is a 48 volt
Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2018, 04:04 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 04 club car with powerdrive 2 charger. Charger kicks off

Exactly how did you bypass your OBC?

What is your neighbors cart and what type of charger is his that you tried?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car