lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2018, 01:34 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v TXT hot forward reverse

When the studs get hot they soften the plastic housing which has seats machined into it for the lug end of the studs. Basically what happens is the stud gets hot ( for whatever reasons) and it heats the plastic seat. The stud then sinks into the plastic reducing the contact with the rotating half which houses the other contact points. The more the contact is reduced the hotter the connection gets which increases the problem. And tightening the stud nut pulls the contact into the melted seat away from the rotating cam contacts.

That's why I say if the stud has changed color put the F&R in the trash can
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2018, 02:03 PM   #12
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralpha3313 View Post
Although the intermittent power drop seems to have been fixed by tightening.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
If it’s still heating up, something isn’t right and your losing energy in the form of heat. I agree with Nuke about not spending funds unless needed, but the contactor takes the worry out of checking that thing and gives you a much easier way of shifting. Plus it makes a really cool click sound when it engages.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:56 AM   #13
Ralpha3313
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well guys... the good news is the SW202 is installed and working, and not be heating up... Bad news... the original Problem still seems to exist. Going up hills motor cuts out.. now it seems that occaisonaly when it cuts out the solenoid is not clicking... Other times it will click and still not move.

Also once it cuts out it will leave me on the side of the road for a few minutes before it will move again.

Any ideas where to start at this point?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Ralpha3313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

From my amateur judgement, since you have "fixed" the previous heat point, there is something that is drawing a lot of power.....to the point of some heat safety device kicking out.

I know there are threads here on "how to" hook up your multimeter to determine the power draw when your driving.

I can only assume that if you put the rear axle in the air (jack stands and\or blocks) if you spin one of your rear tires (by hand.....not under power) that the axel appears to spin freely and not be difficult to turn. I think that "test" would rule out issues with the mechanical part of the drive train.

But testing how much current (amps) your cart is drawing under a load may help to narrow it down.

Just thinking out loud.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 04:50 AM   #15
jhill_42
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How much does it cost to do this upgrade?
jhill_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 05:44 AM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhill_42 View Post
How much does it cost to do this upgrade?
If you mean the heavy duty reversing contactors, go to ScottyB's website. He sells them (that's where I got mine) and his prices (and availability) will be shown there.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 06:41 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/rever...ontactors.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO