lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2018, 09:08 AM   #1
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default What to expect with a PQ Executioner motor?

I think I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a PQ Executioner for my '14 Precedent (2ga. cables, XCT500 controller, 400A solenoid, new T875 batteries, 22" tires).

Speed? I've read where the top speed will probably get me in the neighborhood of 35 mph on flat ground with my current setup. Is that a fair estimate?

Torque? Will there be any additional torque for mild/medium hills, or will it still drop down to a crawl?

Most of my driving is on fairly flat surfaces with some mild/medium hills. I am looking for the 30-35 mph range to be able to keep up with traffic. Any comments, reviews, thoughts, or possible other motor suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: What to expect with a PQ Executioner motor?

With 12.3:1 gears and a 48v pack, you will never see 35. 29-31mph is probably more realistic. Here is the speed calculator http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/speed-calculator.php

Look at my signature, I have 22's, a 58v lithium pack (240 pounds lighter then you battery pack), XCT 500 with an Executioner and run 38mph with a Performance Map.

One thing I will tell you is it almost snapped my neck off the day I drove it out the garage. I literally pulled the gates off of hell and brought them back cause the Devil made me do it. I have since tuned the throttle down so it was not so jerky. I have ran a lot of motors through my days, not NOTHING has ever been close to what I have with this Executioner.....

Note- It is NOT a torque motor for pulling or loping (slow hilly driving off roads), but is is a substantial torque increase over stock. I would say ~25% or so. When you take it out the big purple box and place it next to your rinky-dink OEM motor, you will see what I describing...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:22 AM   #3
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

That all sounds pretty good to me - I can live with 30 mph and any increase in torque is a bonus. I installed the FNKS selector with my Alltrax so I can have a couple of "safe" modes for the wife and kids and a "oh sh*t" mode for me. Thanks!
Old 10-03-2018, 07:57 AM   #4
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a PQ Executioner with an alltrax 500, 2ga cables, 2 year old Trojan Ranger 160 batteries and a 400a solenoid on my cart, listed below. On flat land gets up to 33 with 30-31 pretty consistent. No complaints here.
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:04 AM   #5
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've got a good 4 plus years on a PQ Executioner motor with a 500 amp Curtis controller. My speed with fresh batteries was a solid 30 to 33 mph and while I would lose some speed on hills it was never a big deal at all.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:37 PM   #6
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Thanks all! You sold me... I just ordered one today and am looking forward to it.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:07 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You will not be disappointed!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:09 PM   #8
06lariat85
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I realize this thread is old but what kind of range should one expect with new Trojans and this setup cruising at 28- top speed? Thanks.
06lariat85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 07:21 PM   #9
alangsam
Getting Wild

Less than 10 miles
alangsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:46 PM   #10
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
When you take it out the big purple box and place it next to your rinky-dink OEM motor, you will see what I describing...
Theres not to many things in the cart world that beats that purple box
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car