lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2019, 05:17 AM   #11
SB77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Head/Tail Light Bulb

Walter... Yeah I went that route but the ones I bought are smaller than my factory cut outs. Having trouble finding ones that might fit.
SB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2019, 08:40 AM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
This would be my answer to that question. In the past I've spent a lot of money trying to upgrade halogen bulbs to LED's. I must have bought 3 or 4 sets. None of them worked satisfactorily. All you would get is a bright spot right in front of the cart. It seems none of them were focused or could be focused down the road. The only good solution was to get the LED's with all 10 of the LED's molded into one lens. Then they work like low beam headlights. Here is a picture of the type of LED I'm talking about.

PS I got them from a dealer in Evans GA who will sell you replacement parts instead of having to buy the entire kit.
Those are aftermarket headlights. The bezels are too small to fit in the factory headlight openings so this isn't going to work for him. Just curious though as to where you got them in Evans. That's where I'm at.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:57 AM   #13
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I didn't mean to imply that those lights would fit his cart. I was just trying to show the style of LED he should get.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:40 PM   #14
SB77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
What do you mean they're underpowered? As for the turn signals, just match the bulb number up with an LED equivalent. I believe they're 194s but I'm not positive.
Hey Tahoe, got some bulbs off amazon and they seem great. I'll be able to tell better when its dark, but seem at least as bright.

What I meant about the blinker is - on my cart, where the bulb holder would go, is just a rubber plug. Do you know what I need as far as (sorry don't know the correct term here) but the piece the wires would plug into, that would hold the bulb, and insert into the lens housing?
Old 02-01-2019, 09:01 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB77 View Post
Hey Tahoe, got some bulbs off amazon and they seem great. I'll be able to tell better when its dark, but seem at least as bright.

What I meant about the blinker is - on my cart, where the bulb holder would go, is just a rubber plug. Do you know what I need as far as (sorry don't know the correct term here) but the piece the wires would plug into, that would hold the bulb, and insert into the lens housing?
Go to autozone and get some turn signal bulb pigtails. They have them.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:48 AM   #16
SB77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Go to autozone and get some turn signal bulb pigtails. They have them.
awesome, thanks man.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:02 AM   #17
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Take the rubber plug with you!

If I remember correctly when I did my cart,
I found 70's/80's GM side marker socket/pigtails at Auto Zone that were pretty darn close,
I do remember having to file the socket twist retainers a little bit for them to fit in the factory CC bezel,
but otherwise, they worked really well!

user58_pic4300_1253376318.jpg
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car