lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2018, 01:41 PM   #11
10Brink
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ‘01 ezgo PDS draining battery quickly

Yes sir, I thought it was too, but I’m mystified by the charger sequence. Charge to full for 28 minutes, unhook from cart, (not unplug from outlet, that doesn’t work at all) then immediately rehook up for another 28 minutes...over and over, etc. Full charge after running this AM (I’m still frozen) was 2hrs, then the 28 minute sequence.
10Brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #12
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Brink View Post
Yes, Lowe’s and a couple of Auto Zone type places are who I was referring to in my last post.....They can’t tell me if the one I’m looking at will do what I want. I hear, “I don’t know if this is good for 6V or 36V”. If they don’t know, I certainly don’t. Thanks for the link!
This is the one that's in stock at my local Autozone. The area on that dial you'd be using is from 9 o'clock to 12 o'clock position where it says DCV. Put it on 20 to check individual batteries and 200 the check pack voltage. You want the number on the tester to be as close to what you're testing for as possible without being below it. https://www.autozone.com/test-scan-a...ter/547880_0_0

This is the one I have
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-To...M600/206517337
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:06 PM   #13
10Brink
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

See, that makes sense! I saw those same numbers on the one at Auto Zone, and elsewhere, but when I asked about 6V and 36V......uhhhhhhh, don’t know about that. Thanks very much! Any idea about the charger thing I described?
Old 12-20-2018, 02:31 PM   #14
10Brink
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Bronsonj, I thought I replied to your post. Can’t find it on here now. Yes, I thought the same thing, but the charging issue doen’t make sense.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With a 210AH rating, your Deka GC10 batteries are a bit on the low capacity side of the 225AH batteries used for a standard 36V pack, but shouldn't reduce runtime more than about 5% or so.

The PW-28115 charger shuts off when the battery pack's on-charge voltage reaches about 45V. Only charging for 28 minutes sounds about right if the battery pack is close to being fully charged, but too short if significantly discharged.

When it first comes on the PW-28115 puts out about 18A to 20A until the battery pack's on-charge voltage climbs to about 42V and than the amps start tapering off and ending up at about 7A when the on-charge voltage approaches the 45V cutoff point.

What does the ammeter on the charge read when it first comes on?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deka-EastPenn ProMaster batteries.jpg (347.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:46 PM   #16
10Brink
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

JohnnieB, Amp meter on the charger reads a tad over 20....just before the red zone. I had just hooked up after a 55 minute drive at almost full throttle, 50% inclines or steep slopes...gotta go down the other 50% huh? Fixing to go over to Auto Zone and get a multi meter so I can get some good readings. After a drive like that, it’ll charge a few hours. Took a 1.5 hr charge for my 35 minute drive this AM.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:46 PM   #17
10Brink
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

1.25 hrs into the charge, Ammeter on the charger still reads the same. Tad over 20, just before the red.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:52 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the batteries are recovering nicely from be stored two months without having a boost charge every 30 days or so and that the charger is working normally.

It has been a while since I've lived in Texas, so I'm not too sure what you're saying in this statement. "I had just hooked up after a 55 minute drive at almost full throttle, 50% inclines or steep slopes...gotta go down the other 50% huh?"

Was half of the distance traveled going uphill, or were did the hills have a 50% incline (20' rise for 40' of run)?

Does the gotta go down the other 50% part referring to terrain or battery level?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grade conversion chart.jpg (167.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #19
10Brink
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry JohnnieB! My poor attempt at humor on the incline/hill issue. In other words, when I leave the house and hit a nice hill or incline, there’s an equal amount of decline by the time I get home.....up/down, repeat. Lots of flat terrain too though. All out until I have to slow down for some reason. Hope that makes sense. Charger just shut down after 2.75 hrs. Following the 55 minute drive. I’ll continue with the 28 minute cycle tonight then get a multi meter tomorrow so I can take full readings as suggested earlier. I’ll try to find a previous thread on how to continue with a good battery maintenance program now that I know my charger doesn’t do that automatically. Any further suggestion or tech issue will be appreciated. I’ve learned plenty here, for sure. Thanks so much!
Old 12-20-2018, 07:46 PM   #20
10Brink
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Also, for ThreeCW, according to the temp chart you provided, at 40/50 degrees, I’m only starting out with 80% battery capacity as it is. I’m not feeling quite as bad as I was!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO