lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2019, 08:13 AM   #1
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default TXT 36V still dead after alltrax SR48500 install! :(

Long story short. My 2001, TXT, 36v, series, stock electronics golf cart died a couple weeks ago. At first it would click, then it blew sparks out of the solenoid and did absolutely nothing.

Checked everything with a voltage meter and had good voltage going to the FNR, Controller and solenoid. However I didn't check much else.

NYE I ordered the huntin buggy package from ScottyB. The huntin buggy package comes with a SR48500 & 400A solenoid. I originally was going to have a friend do the install, but he is super busy right now so I decided to install it myself. Turns out if you thoroughly read the instructions and the schematic and follow it to a fault it's actually not to bad of an install. I wired everything up accordingly. (I'm going to do a wright up on the install in my build thread, link posted at the bottom of this post).

Last night after the completion of the install and double checking everything one last time. I connected power (after the fuse of course). Turned the key on, and put it in gear and nothing. It looks like there is an indicator light on the controller, and it's not lighting up.

I do NOT believe there is anything wrong with the controller, I think that what ever my previous problem was is still there.

I did some more testing and just like a couple weeks ago, I have power everywhere just like before. I did do some more thorough testing this time, testing individual wires as apposed to just testing the posts. I did find that I have no power on the green and blue wires that go to the ignition and I didn't get any power going to the foot pedal (this is not 100% guaranteed, I had a hard time getting the probes into the wires going to the pedal.

I know I am a novice at this, so I am probably missing something very simple!

FYI, Props to ScottyB for selling such a good product and the instructions he supplies along with his build thread that is linked on his website...

Link to my build thread:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...txt-build.html
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2019, 08:31 AM   #2
biphase
Gone Wild

Default Re: TXT 36V still dead after alltrax SR48500 install! :(

Loss of power could be due to failure of the charger interlock reed switch located inside the charger receptacle. Check to see that you have 36 volts on the small gauge white wire coming out of the charger receptacle.

Schematic: http://www.programainc.com/info/G632..._schematic.pdf
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No power to the blue key wire could be caused by the reed switch failure... collateral damage from the short you describe in the original failure. Depending upon the year. Reed switches were used until about 03 then a battery fused connection was used to feed the F&R micro switch which fed the blue key wire.

Repair this circuit and the Alltrax LED should light up and the solenoid should click.
Thanks for making such a smart buy, the 485 Hunting Buggie Pkg. includes the MZJ400A dual stage super duty solenoid for just $50
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:47 AM   #4
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Do you have a reed switch in the charger receptacle? If so I would start there since you have no power at the key switch, then follow the diagram to the f/r micro switches and so on until you find out where the power stops. You need to pull up the floor mat and take the cover off the pedal box so you can get at the micro switch in there. Hope this helps get you going!

Man I'm slow!

Last edited by handtools; 01-05-2019 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: Scotty beat me to it!
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:50 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

More help and affirmation of the suspected trouble is good
Old 01-05-2019, 09:20 AM   #6
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the tips. I am at work now, but as soon as I get home tonight I will start with that switch! Crossing my fingers it's that!
Old 01-05-2019, 09:58 PM   #7
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So. I'm messing with this thing and I dont think I have read switch on the wires coming off the charging port. The small white word has been cut and a red one goes to the f&r switch. It's on the opposite side of the blue wire on a micro switch.

]https://flic.kr/p/2cVZuuq

https://flic.kr/p/QgFuYr

But here is something really odd, I just put the cart in reverse and I got power to the blue wire.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:34 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
So. I'm messing with this thing and I dont think I have read switch on the wires coming off the charging port. The small white word has been cut and a red one goes to the f&r switch. It's on the opposite side of the blue wire on a micro switch.

]https://flic.kr/p/2cVZuuq

https://flic.kr/p/QgFuYr

But here is something really odd, I just put the cart in reverse and I got power to the blue wire.
Blue wire goes to ignition, ignition goes to pedal switch, pedal switch goes to solenoid and controller.
The F&R micro switch on the passenger side connects power from the red wire to the blue in both forward and reverse.
This should be enough information to allow you to find the trouble.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:34 PM   #9
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok..... so I have something super screwy going on...... when in reverse I have power everywhere. But it's almost like it's not going where it needs to. In reverse I have power at the ignition. Power crosses through the ignition and goes to the green wire. But in neutral or forward I have no power to the ignition.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:35 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

See my last post.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO