lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #11
gofast67
Gone Wild

Default Re: Rxv does nothing when key is turned on

I changed out the charger receptacle not a car it works is there another fix for except for buying a new receptacle
gofast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2019, 04:28 PM   #12
gofast67
Gone Wild

Hello, is there a fix for this other than replacing the whole port
Old 01-23-2019, 04:46 PM   #13
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

At our shop i always replace the receptacle when the black temperature sensor ring breaks off. I have not found a successful means of attaching a ring terminal, leaving it off the battery post completely, or bypassing it where the result is 1) car not running anymore at all, or 2) refuses to charge
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:37 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast67 View Post
Hello, is there a fix for this other than replacing the whole port
It is probably the charger port interlock. There is a wire that runs from the charge port to connnectors to a blue wire that goes to the controller. If you cut that wire near the charge port, then connect that wire to battery pack +, it will bypass the interlock. Just be careful, because the cart will run with the charger plugged in once you bypass the charger interlock.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:34 AM   #15
gofast67
Gone Wild

Thank you
Old 01-24-2019, 09:58 AM   #16
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

BobBoyce, is there a proper way to override that grey wire with the black sensor when ring breaks off? I read from posts here you can leave it loose but if i do that the charger doesn't work (flashes red) or the car doesn't run (depending on the year it seems). The only solution to anyone who had it corrode off or tried to replace it with a standard ring terminal is replace the whole works. It's not cheap. If there's a means to bypass it I'd love to know.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:24 AM   #17
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
BobBoyce, is there a proper way to override that grey wire with the black sensor when ring breaks off? I read from posts here you can leave it loose but if i do that the charger doesn't work (flashes red) or the car doesn't run (depending on the year it seems). The only solution to anyone who had it corrode off or tried to replace it with a standard ring terminal is replace the whole works. It's not cheap. If there's a means to bypass it I'd love to know.
That charger interlock wire bypass that I mentioned above is one way. The other would be to cut that block off of the end of the grey cable, and solder a 10k resistor to those 2 wires inside of it. Then weatherproof it. That only works if the circuit board imbedded in epoxy inside of the charge port is still working. If not, the charger interlock bypass is the only other way.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 09:56 AM   #18
hot-shot
Gone Wild

I am helping a neighbor with his cart. Has the same issue. If I unplug that blue wire that is mentioned above and reconnect it a couple of times I can hear the cart power up. I raised the rear wheels for safety. Try moving that wire around with the pedal pressed. This one starts right away.
hot-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO