lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2019, 07:23 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2010 rxv fails start up test

I slip a piece of fuel line around the end of the torsion spring, to give it a little more tension. I have also shaved a little off the rubber stopper too. The sensor isn't adjustable mechanically, but can be calibrated in the software for a little more forgiveness, but not by the typical user.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2019, 08:10 PM   #12
kevin.androski@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

So basically I just need to put it back together and take it to a shop to have it calibrated.
kevin.androski@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #13
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.androski@yahoo.com View Post
So basically I just need to put it back together and take it to a shop to have it calibrated.
Nope, the shop likely can't do it either. If the shop gets their programmer from Ezgo, it's "level 2", the connection needed is "level 5" (maybe level 4 could). And, that's assuming they have a guy who knows all this ****, also unlikely. This is not stuff Ezgo ever intended anyone to ever touch, not even the authorized dealers. I just loved leaving their unlocked programmers on screens we "surfs" were never intended to see at "Ezgo school" factory training. I have never even touched a programmer that was limited to "level 2", why... Those are garbage, code scanners only....
Old 02-14-2019, 10:19 PM   #14
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

CGTech, a 2010 RXV is not a Curtis variant. Danahar programmers can't do any changes to the throttle deadband or fault settings.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:50 PM   #15
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
CGTech, a 2010 RXV is not a Curtis variant. Danahar programmers can't do any changes to the throttle deadband or fault settings.
You are for sure correct, my mistake! 2012.5 year and newer. Cant do a thing in the danaher controllers. My stupid mistake! Wow, feel like a real water head on that one, missing basic info.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:15 AM   #16
kevin.androski@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

So how do I resolve this issue then? I guess a worst case scenario would be to grind out the grooves on the sensor so I can mount it any way and then jb weld it to the throttle so it’s mounted at zero and still moves with the pedal.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:38 AM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

Try the fuel line on the spring trick first, then trim the bumper. modding the sensor would be my last measure.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:58 PM   #18
kevin.androski@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

So I have an idea that I’m going to try tonight, I’m going to get a piece of sheet metal and cut it out the size of the sensor to fit the old screw holes and then just drill new screw holes where the sensor sits normally st close. If I use a pieces that is thin enough I think this should work fine. I’ll post the results.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO