lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2019, 09:39 PM   #1
billfarley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default All lights quit working, 2013 Precedent

2013 Precedent with headlgths, tail ligts, turn signals added by dealer to used cart when I bought it. All of which quit working. Before that happend my digital volt meter display would intermittantly go crazy. Now it doesn't work either. What do I look for to fix this?

Also, is there a 48 to 12 converter on these from the factory? A wiring diagram I saw on this site for a different year showed one with a fuse connected to it.
billfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2019, 05:55 AM   #2
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: All lights quit working, 2013 Precedent

Why not return it to the dealer for warranty work?
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:49 AM   #3
billfarley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Because I bought it 3 or 4 years ago and dealer is 3 hours away and they kind of suck.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:16 AM   #4
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Trace the headlight, or other accessory, wires back. If it was done properly they should go to a fused distribution panel. The main wire from that panel will go to the reducer so trace that and you will find the reducer (it is likely to be under the front cowl on a flat metal plate behind the front suspension - that's where most Precedents have it).

Once you have found the distribution panel you can check to see if there is any voltage coming from the reducer (check for 12V with a multimeter). If not, check that there is 48V going into the reducer. If there is 48V going in but nothing out (& you've checked the line for fuses) then the reducer is stuffed.

It's really just a matter of tracing wires and checking voltages until you isolate either a blown fuse, broken connection or a dead component.

Did the digital volt meter that has stopped measure 48V or 12V?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Precedent_voltage_reducer_location.jpg (90.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-19-2019, 07:54 AM   #5
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

This happened to my 2014 precident it ended up being a loose pin in the electrical board behind the dash. I pushed it back in and they work fine now.
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:03 PM   #6
billfarley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for the guidance. The volt meter is 48v. I noticed yesterday that it was displaying, but lights still out. Maybe separate issue, and maybe loose connection?
Old 04-20-2019, 04:10 AM   #7
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfarley View Post
Thank you for the guidance. The volt meter is 48v. I noticed yesterday that it was displaying, but lights still out. Maybe separate issue, and maybe loose connection?
It sounds like the voltmeter is a separate issue to the lights. The voltmeter seems like a loose connection whereas the lights are more likely a blown fuse or a broken connection. It could be a buggered component such as a dead reducer but a broken connection or fuse is more likely.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car