lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2019, 02:23 PM   #1
trex88i
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2014 TXT48 leaf spring bushings different sized

Searched the forum and couldn't find another topic on my scenario.

I'm changing the leaf springs on my 2014 EZGO TXT 48 cart. Pulled the first one off and was getting ready to install the new one and noticed the bushing and spacers are larger on the front than they are on the back. So i can't use the bushings that came with the new springs as they are both the same size. All kits I have found online seem to come with a set of 2 exact same sized bushings for each spring.

Anyone else come across this issue? Is this normal on this year cart?
Attached a pic of the 2 different bolts and the rear hanger and front bracket. I checked the other side and it is exactly the same.

Side note, I was shocked when I went to order new shocks and found out EZGO decided not to install them for a few years. I believe I read that on another thread here. The holes in the ubolt plate and the extra welded bracket on the frame with hole are there so the shocks could be installed, but I was told they weren't required since leaf springs are installed. Why would EZGO even pay to have the brackets welded on the frame if they weren't going to install rear shocks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190417_140409.jpg (179.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190417_140436.jpg (163.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190417_140446.jpg (136.3 KB, 0 views)
trex88i is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2019, 07:40 PM   #2
DPkiller
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 TXT48 leaf spring bushings different sized

Yes. The front bolt is a shoulder bolt with a 3/4 head and a 9/16 nut.

The rear 2 bolts going onto the plates are both 9/16 head and nut.

The front bushings just install the bushing and the bolt is the carrier tube. On the rears you use the new tubes.

EZGO removed the shocks on those to save cost. What I have noticed since they are now 4 Years old now is I see springs wear out alot quicker due to it.

And if your wondering why they welded the bracket on it even when they didnt use the hole? Why remake a bracket you've been using for the last 20 years?
DPkiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, leaf springs, mismatched, size, txt 48
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO