lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2019, 12:13 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt hott solenoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak95 View Post
Okay so I just installed the digital volt meter. When your driving and the volts drop what is the constant it should be? I was around 40ish to start then it dropped down to about 27-28 when I was cruising? Mind you I know batteries are dead or dying? Me and my boy were cruising at around 17-18mph for about 30 mins.. so I can only imagine how fast I’m gonna cruise with new batteries
In and of themselves, the six batteries in a 36V battery pack will drop about 1.0V per 100a being drawn from them. In addition, the cables and connections connecting the six 6V batteries in a series to produce 36V will also another volt or two per 100A. If you have a way to correlate amp draw to pack voltage, you can figure out the voltage drop constant for your specific cart. However, the amps drawn while driving a cart is constantly changing, so your battery pack voltage monitoring DVM will be jumping all over the place.

The minimum voltage a 36V pack should be routinely dropped to is 1.75VPC (Volts per Cell), or 31.5V for a 36V pack. The absolute maximum voltage drop is to 1.5VPC (27.0V for a 36V pack) since that is the point at which irreversable physical damage to the plates begins occurring.

What drive type does the cart have?
How tall are the tires?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2019, 03:09 PM   #12
Speedfreak95
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

23 inch tires. Series cart
Speedfreak95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:41 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak95 View Post
23 inch tires. Series cart
A series drive TXT with stock height tires (18"), standard speed motor and a 36V battery pack has a top speed on level pavement of about 14MPH. Installing 23" tall tires ups the speed (mathematically) by 28%, but reduces torque by 22%, so the actual speed gain is a bit less. The end result is typically in the 17 to 18 MPH range.

To get a higher top speed, go to a 48V battery pack. That increases both speed and torque by 33%.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:22 PM   #14
Speedfreak95
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So got a new pack of Powertron 36 volt in the cart. When I got them in the cart they were showing 35 volt. Threw it on the charger gave it a few hours (was still charging) had the itch to take it for a drive.. results were great I was running 21-22mph on flat land.. only issue is the solenoid is still gettin hot and volts were around 36.5 figured I needed a full charge out of her to get a solid run. I guess am I in need of a 200 amp solenoid??
Old 04-27-2019, 02:10 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Yes, at least a 200A solenoid.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:20 PM   #16
Speedfreak95
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay guys so just installed my 200amp solenoid thanks Scotty B ordered it Monday afternoon and it’s mounted you guys are pretty quick! Went for a quick spin and t started to rain gonna give it a long ride in a little but it didn’t get warm at all which is good news!

Now maybe this is a very dumb question.. I installed my new batteries and went for a spin the first night maybe 10 mins tops I was cruising in the 21-22mph range.. past few times I’ve taken her out it doesn’t seem nearly as fast. I keep the cart on the automatic charger. I’ve noticed once I put it in reverse it shows in the 35.8-36.2 volt range on my digital volt meter. Even after a full charge why don’t I seem to have that same boost of power?
Old 05-03-2019, 05:54 PM   #17
Speedfreak95
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay guys so went for a cruise for about an hour. Went to touch the new 200amp solenoid from Scottyb and it’s very hot if not hotter then my old 75amp.. am I missing something here? Help
Old 05-03-2019, 08:24 PM   #18
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Are you sure all connections are tight? Battery to solenoid connections tight.
Are battery cables or motor terminals hot also? What gauge baterry cables? Large enough for upgraded amp’s of new solenoid?
Few things to check��
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:01 PM   #19
Speedfreak95
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

All connections are tight honestly I probably even over tighten m everything.. wires are 4 gauge. None of the wires get warm besides the one wire going negative to the controller. Do I need to upgrade to 2 gauge?
Old 05-03-2019, 11:06 PM   #20
Speedfreak95
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just ordered some brand new 2 gauge wires.. jeez it never ends lol. Only thing after this is the controller and f/r switch that are stock
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO