lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2019, 09:45 AM   #1
Sean2202
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Upgrading a MPT 1000. What would you do?

Greetings and Happy Easter. Reading through buggies gone wild and carts unlimited I have some questions for you all.

I acquired a MPT1000 basically for free. It was from my old workplace and does not currently run turn on or anything. I can not find a serial number on it for reference. I feel as though it has sat for many months without being charged. It has Trojan T-145 batteries. The batteries all tested at 6.1 volts. Doing a quick load test on them two tested bad one tested fair and five tested good. Possibly the wires have corroded not giving the other two batteries full charge? I know that isn't the best test but it's a start. It has a Sepex curtis PMC controller. There seems to be no power to it. The charger is a Lestronic 2 battery charger that seems to work well.

My questions,
1. In it's current state why do you think my cart does not have power, what could be the cause?
2. I see there are many kits available on cartsunlimited for upgrade. If I were to upgrade this cart what do you all feel is the best for the money? I use it around my property which is hilly. Also long term I would like to let the kids use it and my wife. It also has a dump utility bed on a electronic actuator that I believe was factory installed. Sometimes I will also take it on flat ground on the roads. Is bigger better and what have you all upgraded with? It has original golf cart tires and may or may not be lifted. I would like to plan for lifted with bigger tires to be on the safe side if upgrading.
3. Would it be bad if I were to let it sit overwinter without being used not on the charger? Can a trickle charger be used?
4. What battery do you recommend if they need replacement?
5. Planning from scratch what am I looking at for cost on my upgrades? I would like a battery meter as well along with cable set.
6. Thoughts on Lithium upgrade if my batteries are bad?
7. Us it even worth putting money into? Should I sell it and get a gas one? I do not want to have to buy new batteries at $800 or so every 3 years.

Thanks for your help I would like to get this running ASAP before I am told it is an eyesore.
Sean2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2019, 10:26 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Upgrading a MPT 1000. What would you do?

First off, how many batteries does it have? To check to see if it already has a lift look at the rear end. If the springs are on top then it probably has a factory 4 inch lift. If below then it will take up to a 20 inch od tire will fit. Check the steering column and see how many bolts hold it to the floor. If 3 it is probably 2005 and older. Check for a sticker on the crossbar behind and under the seat bottom. Also check the top of the frame rail next to the right rear tire for an engraved serial number.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO