lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2019, 01:37 PM   #1
ssmith023
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo upgrade to SR48500

I have a 95 EZGO medalist. I was told I could upgrade it. I Purchased the SR48500 controller kit with Solenoid and HD F/R.

Everything is in cart and I get throttle control errors on controller when pushing pedal. The Blink Codes say Low and High Throttle Over Range.

I have replaced the 0-5k potentiometer (throttle controller) with a new one.

Have sent controller back to Alltrax for testing. It was sent back to me saying it was fine. The cart can move when I control it from laptop.

Any ideas

Thanks
ssmith023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2019, 03:05 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo upgrade to SR48500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith023 View Post
I have a 95 EZGO medalist. I was told I could upgrade it. I Purchased the SR48500 controller kit with Solenoid and HD F/R.

Everything is in cart and I get throttle control errors on controller when pushing pedal. The Blink Codes say Low and High Throttle Over Range.

I have replaced the 0-5k potentiometer (throttle controller) with a new one.

Have sent controller back to Alltrax for testing. It was sent back to me saying it was fine. The cart can move when I control it from laptop.

Any ideas

Thanks
Please verify, you have a 1995 Medalist with a pot-box throttle????????
A '95 Medalist ought to have a ITS type throttle.

The first step is to positively identify the type throttle your cart has and then make sure the SR is set for the correct throttle type.

Once that is established, we can start troubleshooting.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:59 PM   #3
ssmith023
Not Yet Wild

Yes I have a pot box. It is a 0-5k. Have verified with ScottyB, Will at Alltrax, and buggies gone wild. I have even purchased a new one. The same keeps happening. This weekend I was checking other setting on Alltrax setting and when I selected Pump or Absolute throttle control the pedal would work. (the pedal would move tires)

But, when pedal was depressed throttle would be full. Nothing to Full. No in between.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:17 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Some pot boxes have both 0-5k and 5k-0. Make sure you have the right wires. Just a thought.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:43 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yes I have a pot box. It is a 0-5k. Have verified with ScottyB, Will at Alltrax, and buggies gone wild. I have even purchased a new one. The same keeps happening. This weekend I was checking other setting on Alltrax setting and when I selected Pump or Absolute throttle control the pedal would work. (the pedal would move tires)

But, when pedal was depressed throttle would be full. Nothing to Full. No in between.
Sounds like a mismatch between the throttle tyope selected and the throttle type installed, or a defective throttle system in cart, or a defective controller.

Disconnect the black and white wires from 0-5k pot-box at controller.
Connect Ohmmeter between the disconnected black and white wires.

You should measure about 0Ω with pedal up and about 5,000Ω when pedal is pushed to floor.

Let us know what you measure.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:09 PM   #6
ssmith023
Not Yet Wild

Well after working more with Alltrax, I found out the 0-5k pot that I purchased works. It is very strange that the wires coming from the box (two sets in black shrink tube) are brown and blue. no instructions on what is what. Will at Alltrax had me swap the set I was using for the black and white to controller. (J4, J5). The other set of wires (brown, Blue)go to nothing. (not plugged in). That pair used to plug into the old F/R via black and white. Now the cart works. It is now much slower in reverse than it is in forward.

Now the next question.

Motor or 48 volts????
Old 05-07-2019, 06:13 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
---------------------

Now the next question.

Motor or 48 volts????
48V, then motor if need be.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:42 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For anybody else reading this for research purposes.
The pot described here is a typical Marathon PB6-16 with 4 wires.
1st pair is the throttle signal they are blue and brown, signal is 0-5000 Ω
2nd pair is black n white. These 2 wires reduce the pot signal 50% when connected to each other.

The blue and brown signal wires connect to the controller and tell it how much amperage you want toi the motor to access at any given time.
The black and white wires connect to the reverse micro switch alone. Alone meaning without any other wires connected to the micro switch. This way when the reverse ms triggers the 2 wires connect reducing the throttle signal 50%
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO