lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2019, 11:48 AM   #11
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 6 inch lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallachera89 View Post

so the precedents are all interchangeable with precedents correct?
You have to pay attention to what you are interchanging. The frames are the same, the bodys had a little dash change in the i2 carts ('08.5) and the electronics were moved to the behind the batteries. The '04-'8.5 had 4x12's and were IQ's. '08.5 came as 6x8's and Excels. '09's had TPS's, etc. etc. etc.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2019, 12:53 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Ok good info. The lift kits on Steeling's website look identical, there must be some minor differences.

Jim, next time you're up this way (or next time I come down to Orlando) you're welcome to have them. I'm sure you'll be able to find a use for them for one of your neighbors :)

P.S. My road is much better than it was before
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 06:18 PM   #13
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just put a 4" lift on my cart. Getting used to the extra height takes some getting used to. If that is your wife's problem maybe you can get a Nerf bar/ running board. A 6" lift would only further complicate the problem. Just my 2¢
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:54 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
You have to pay attention to what you are interchanging. The frames are the same, the bodys had a little dash change in the i2 carts ('08.5) and the electronics were moved to the behind the batteries. The '04-'8.5 had 4x12's and were IQ's. '08.5 came as 6x8's and Excels. '09's had TPS's, etc. etc. etc.
I didn't think I was hiring, but I might be. You need a job? I've got one for you.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:21 PM   #15
smokin3000gt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Are you sure that isn't your wife's way of telling you to get a long travel suspension??
smokin3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:16 AM   #16
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
I just put a 4" lift on my cart. Getting used to the extra height takes some getting used to. If that is your wife's problem maybe you can get a Nerf bar/ running board. A 6" lift would only further complicate the problem. Just my 2¢
I did put nerf bars on it, I also put grab bars on the windshield frame for her. She has a problem with getting dizzy. I have had her tested for everything and the doctors cant find anything wrong.
When we drive somewhere she has to drive. When we are in my corvette I drive then she keeps her head into her phone. If I hit 38 mph she grabs the oh shi- handles. pulling up to a traffic light she has to put her hands on the dash. As I said I've had the eye doctor, EENT DR. every test possible.
She wont go with me to drive my car on the tail of the dragon, Shes a nascar nut so I ask her to drive my car on the track for vettes for vets. I thought that might get her over this problem we have. She don't want to do it. She says I'll watch you. Sorry for the long post, I always find a way to make things work.
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:35 AM   #17
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think I will make a deal with the forum member on the east coast. He will get the 6 inch lift, wheels and tires, and if he wants the nerf bars they can go to.

After all is said and done I will put a call into Tahoe Dawg as he was very helpful in picking out the wheels to match my corvette.
My wife likes the led light rings that I made that look like they float inside the wheel, She can change the color to match the holiday.
I will find a nice 10 inch wheel and tire from Tahoe Dawg and we will try again.
Give the wife the leds and bingo we will be done. Until the next chapter in life happens.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:57 AM   #18
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Ok good info. The lift kits on Steeling's website look identical, there must be some minor differences.

Jim, next time you're up this way (or next time I come down to Orlando) you're welcome to have them. I'm sure you'll be able to find a use for them for one of your neighbors :)

P.S. My road is much better than it was before
Thanks a lot, My trips to south carolina have stopped, It was easy to swing by your place on my way to my sons house. As you know he's in the navy so now he's in Guam for 2 years. I talked to him yesterday and he loves it there he said that he may extend a year so he will be gone 3 years, My son said if he does extend the navy will let him pick his next duty station in the states. He's been scuba diving and sending pictures of the underwater sites. It's ok that he does that but I have one of his cars and a motorcycle to keep up. He told me to sell the motorcycle. KIDS LOL you know that first hand
Old 05-24-2019, 07:17 AM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Lol that's awesome, and great for him! Been years since I went diving! I dont know when my next trip to our Orlando office will be, but I'll hang onto it all for ya and bring it down with me. Plenty of useable stuff I'm sure you could find a use for. :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:11 PM   #20
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I understand jim's My wife is the same way. She's a Tennessee girl and I think she got scared when she was little riding in the Mtns. Anything over about 12MPH and she hollering slow down and hanging on the O'Jesus bar.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car