lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2019, 01:55 PM   #1
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax series issue

cart spec- '01, TXT, 36v, series, 500A Alltrax, newish batteries, heavy cables, hd FNR, 400A solenoid.
<----------- Pic of my golf cart

As of Sunday night my cart started this thing where I push the accelerator, solenoid clicks and nothing happens. I push the accelerator again and it normally goes. Sometimes it takes a couple pushes of the accelerator, but usually it does it on the second try. NOTE: the solenoid clicks every time even if the cart doesn't move. It does this in forward more than it does in reverse (it's only done it twice in reverse so far).

My first thoughts were I have a loose connection somewhere. So I checked everything. I had one mildly loose battery connection, nothing else. I blew off everything, because it had a heavy coat of dust on everything (used compressed air). Checked the water in the batteries, no problems there. At this point I thought I will just charge it over night and check it in the morning because it didn't start doing this until the end of the day. I got up the next morning and it's still doing it, batteries are fully charged.

I have not gone any further with investigating. Going to try and hook it up to my laptop in the next day or so I can see what the alltrax is saying.

I am going to check my FNR selector to make sure it's engaging everything all the way. It's always a little sticky and I have noticed that on the forward you have to give it a little shove from time to time or it wont engage all the way. Is there a chance that it will click the solenoid if the FNR isn't 100% engaged, it would seem unlikely, but maybe possible.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax series issue

If the FNR is not going all the way to the stop, there is an adjustment for that. Loosen the FNR bracket bolts slightly, and the assemble can slide side to side. I like to rotate the FNR exactly halfway between F and R or N, then slide side to side until the FNR handle is exactly at 12:00. Tighten bolts, and it should now go to both F and R stops without any force.

If it's not that, check Molex.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Molex.jpeg (254.5 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:34 PM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I think you replaced your solenoid when you did your upgrade, right? Either way, it might be something to check. I’ve read about them clicking but not actually engaging and able to pass current.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:40 PM   #4
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am definitely going to see if I can adjust the fnr tonight. Thanks for the pointers.

Orangeman6,
Yes sir, the solenoid came with the alltrax. I bought the huntin buggy package from ScottyB, it came with the alltrax and 400A solenoid.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:44 PM   #5
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yurtle, it's been a while since I did the install, but I don't think I have a molex anymore. Pretty sure I put connectors on those wires and wired them directly to where they go. However, I will check the wires again.

I will say.... As I sit here and ponder on this. What is starting to puzzle me is this only happens on when first taking off. Once everything engages I have no issues, it goes fine, it doesn't cut out while moving or any issues that you would think would be associated with loose wires. IMO, it seems too consistent to be a loose connection. Starting to think I need to check hardware better- solenoid, FNR, controller.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:47 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
Yurtle, it's been a while since I did the install, but I don't think I have a molex anymore. Pretty sure I put connectors on those wires and wired them directly to where they go. However, I will check the wires again.

I will say.... As I sit here and ponder on this. What is starting to puzzle me is this only happens on when first taking off. Once everything engages I have no issues, it goes fine, it doesn't cut out while moving or any issues that you would think would be associated with loose wires. IMO, it seems too consistent to be a loose connection. Starting to think I need to check hardware better- solenoid, FNR, controller.
I thought you got rid of them as well, but thought I'd mention it, as those are the only "wires" (ITS) that can keep it from going with solenoid clicking.

Look for a controller LED code when it's not running. Has to be powered up.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO