lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2019, 03:46 AM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: I want to learn how to maintain my EZGO (unknown model, battery and power issues)

I wouldn't drop much $ into used batteries. Dont pump money into that idea. I have ran my own electric cart exclusively on used batteries, but I had access to the whole pallet of used (failed the test) batteries, had a way to test them, and only had to have my worst battery to swap into that core pile, no $. I got the "pick of the litter box", and I didn't have super high expectations either. My requirements were low, a trip to work and home, charge that evening. If the monsoon rains were too bad to put my charger out in that evening rain, it had to do a second day of service before charge. There was no "third day" option, as it was slowing on the way home on the second day. I actually had a LED volt meter and the stupid 10-led meter too (it always said I still had half charge left, even after a "2 day run"). Was before I knew about ScottyB's affordable meters, I made it myself. But was nice to be able to look out my window and see volt readings on it before I even went outside, as it was often loaned to others too. (Bad weather driving was how I wrecked that cart).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2019, 11:24 AM   #22
ballade4
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: I want to learn how to maintain my EZGO (unknown model, battery and power issues)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I wouldn't drop much $ into used batteries. Dont pump money into that idea. I have ran my own electric cart exclusively on used batteries, but I had access to the whole pallet of used (failed the test) batteries, had a way to test them, and only had to have my worst battery to swap into that core pile, no $. I got the "pick of the litter box", and I didn't have super high expectations either. My requirements were low, a trip to work and home, charge that evening. If the monsoon rains were too bad to put my charger out in that evening rain, it had to do a second day of service before charge. There was no "third day" option, as it was slowing on the way home on the second day. I actually had a LED volt meter and the stupid 10-led meter too (it always said I still had half charge left, even after a "2 day run"). Was before I knew about ScottyB's affordable meters, I made it myself. But was nice to be able to look out my window and see volt readings on it before I even went outside, as it was often loaned to others too. (Bad weather driving was how I wrecked that cart).
These used ones are at 6.4-6.5; seller dropped price to $200. Two of my existing used batteries are also at 6.4 (the rest are like 6.1). Interested in that meter you mentioned, hmm. As of this point the queen wants to have a semi-reliable golf cart to putz around the 'hood for the rest of the summer and not sure if I will have time to go the upgrade route for a while. Of course, I could just drop ~$600 for brand new 6 volts instead and delay the whole 48v project...what would you do?
ballade4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:14 PM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I would be "chasing the turd". After checking individual battery voltage while driving, I would be down at the local cart shop trying to get 1 single used battery off their core pallet to replace my weakest.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO