lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2019, 09:32 AM   #1
bignasty45
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 Ezgo TXT only move two feet

I have a 1999 Ezgo 36V TXT standard which I purchased from a neighbor. The manufacture number is G299 and serial number is 1187674, which makes it a 1999. The cart will move forward and reverse only two feet then nothing. I have charged all the Crown batteries several times. I have charged the batteries with a 2 amp slow charger and with the cart charger. I checked the levels on all the batteries before and after charges. I have cleaned all the battery cables and terminals. The cart clicks when I push the pedal down so the solenoid is working. I'm not sure about the controller. Also I checked the batteries after charging 5 of the batteries have 5.9v and the 6th has 6.2 v.
bignasty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #2
brent159
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1999 Ezgo TXT only move two feet

Sounds like you might have a set of bad batteries. Each should be measuring 6.37V (38.2V total) when fully charged. I recommend checking the water levels and seeing if they are filled to 1/4” above the plates (if not, add distilled water to top up) and the individually trickle-charge each battery. The following will help to understand power available/remaining in a 36V system (do not let the total fall below 50%, otherwise you may damage the battery and/or need to trickle-charge):

36V State of Charge
100% 38.2V
90% 37.85V
80% 37.49V
70% 37.12V
60% 36.72V
50% 36.31V
brent159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #3
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

5.9 after charging ??? Click the link below for a valuable chart on battery "State of Charge" .... Your batteries have issues !

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...nie_bchart.jpg
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:02 AM   #4
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

long deep charge with a great charger like the SUMMITT II....now thats a charger. Check to see if one or more of the batteries are dropping out, it sounds that way
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO