lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2019, 11:48 AM   #1
lotus197
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Can someone look at this picture of my wheel and tell me if there’s a problem?

Your looking at the front end of an Rxv with completely stock suspension. When I put a right angle square up against the tire and ground on the front driver side wheel you can see the wheel touches at both points. on the passenger wheel however the wheel only touch’s at the bottom and at the top there’s a 1/2 inch gap. Could this be causing my wobble when speed is increased? The passenger wheel looks slightly pitched and angle square seems to be indicating this. Is this normal and if not what do I have to do to correct it? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lotus197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2019, 12:11 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Can someone look at this picture of my wheel and tell me if there’s a problem?

Jack it up and see if the right wheel moves in directions it shouldn’t. May have a bad or loose hub.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 02:59 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Can someone look at this picture of my wheel and tell me if there’s a problem?

Also, spin the wheel, to see if its camber appears to change (side to side movement would indicate bent rim or hub). Also look for up & down movement (likely out of round tire, it's very common).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:56 PM   #4
lotus197
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just jacked up the cart and spun both wheels, the passenger front wheel is doing this. Click on the link to watch the video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VW5...w?usp=drivesdk

what do I do next?

Old 08-11-2019, 05:07 PM   #5
lotus197
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

if you click this link below here I just removed the tire and now I’m spinning the hub only.... sure if it is bent or not hard to tell. trying to offer you guys as much video as possible so I can get the best answer as to what to do, keep the answers coming.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RvP...w?usp=drivesdk

Old 08-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #6
lotus197
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK I just took the tire from the driver side which was running true and straight and I put it on the problems side which is the passenger front and it’s wobbling like crazy now just like the original tire that was on there was. So through method of the duction I would guess I don’t have a tire problem? Sounds like I have a problem with the hub or somewhere else possibly?
what do I need to buy or replace? I feel like this is a simple fix but I don’t know what to do but I do know how to install it whatever that has to be done... please advise

Old 08-11-2019, 05:55 PM   #7
lotus197
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i’m guessing maybe a hub replacement or the spindle assembly is bent and needs to be replaced? If you need additional videos of the hub spinning let me know anything I can provide to help me get the answer.

Old 08-11-2019, 05:56 PM   #8
binder49
Gone Wild

You definitely have a bent hub. Replace the hub, should take care of the problem
binder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:12 AM   #9
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a similar wobble on my rear driver side. It's probably the hub. I haven't replaced mine yet to confirm, but when I got new tires, I asked the tire place that mounted the to the rims to check if there was any wobble, and they said no, so yeah, it's probably the hub, although in my case it could be the drive shaft/axle.

Anyone, do the rear drive shafts bend? Flange plate?
Buggieman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:21 PM   #10
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Agree bent hub.
If you swapped rim/tire combo and wobble moved,rim bent. If wobble stayed on same hub ,hub bent.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO