lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2019, 01:19 PM   #1
gn386
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax and New Motor help needed

So the stock motor took a dump commuter was slam tore up.Was running but had no torque for any inclines. Tires were too big for the baby motor. Got the bright idea to just do the upgrade that was in the future. Alltrax did not mention where the OBC (black wire) needs to land assumed B-. Went to take it for a spin and under load it surges real bad. No visible codes on the LED, not real sure where to start. Tried reaching out to Alltrax but the tech dept seems to be real busy. Not real sure where to start looking. Any help is appreciated

1999 CCDS
Alltrax XCT-48500PDPLUS
2ga welding cable throughout
Admirial MOT-A4
MZJ 400 Contactor with 3a diode (across small terminals stripe on blue side)
gn386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2019, 03:04 PM   #2
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax and New Motor help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn386 View Post
So the stock motor took a dump commuter was slam tore up.Was running but had no torque for any inclines. Tires were too big for the baby motor. Got the bright idea to just do the upgrade that was in the future. Alltrax did not mention where the OBC (black wire) needs to land assumed B-. Went to take it for a spin and under load it surges real bad. No visible codes on the LED, not real sure where to start. Tried reaching out to Alltrax but the tech dept seems to be real busy. Not real sure where to start looking. Any help is appreciated

1999 CCDS
Alltrax XCT-48500PDPLUS
2ga welding cable throughout
Admirial MOT-A4
MZJ 400 Contactor with 3a diode (across small terminals stripe on blue side)
have you tried to access the controller and check your settings ? Alltrax has a program that you can load onto a PC or laptop to access the program of the controller with a usb cable. it will allow you to change the parameters of the controller and how it functions.
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 03:48 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Get the Toolkit Program like Phil said and check the controller settings.
Sounds like you may have a throttle issue, but you can check the throttle percentage in the toolkit and see exactly what the controller sees. If the throttle % is jumping around that will cause jerking/surging.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:37 PM   #4
gn386
Not Yet Wild

Now that I got home I have tested it further using the software. It appears that the throttle is just fine while in neutral and works while monitoring. However when in gear it seems like it won’t go and surges over 40%. It has the stock field maps for the MOT-A4.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:12 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Try this. To eliminate the possibility of the regen braking causing the surging try driving with the pedal floored. If it goes away you possibly have your regen set to high. The theory behind this is that at half throtttle if you hit a bump in the road your foot comes off the throttle a bit and applies regen. Next time you are driving while it is surging look at you gas foot and see if it is moving. And as always safety first.

Or you can turn the regen armature amps to zero and try it.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:30 PM   #6
gn386
Not Yet Wild

So tried reducing the Regen amps, set, tested and still surges. It truly seems anything over 40% throttle. So far made sure it was set for v glide, checked all cabling and reset OBC. Things I am wondering are should it have a precharge resistor or Regen diode across large terminals on contractor. Do I pull the motor get maps and put stock motor to see if it still acts up? Don’t know where to get stock maps.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:38 PM   #7
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
So far made sure it was set for v glide
That's probably the problem. You will need to replace the Vglide with a MCOR 4. If you look there is at least two other posts in recent days about a Alltrax with Vglides
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:46 PM   #8
gn386
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
That's probably the problem. You will need to replace the Vglide with a MCOR 4. If you look there is at least two other posts in recent days about a Alltrax with Vglides
Well that’s not the best of news but if that’s the solution then so it be. Is there an easy way to make the conversion? Or point me in the right direction?
Old 08-30-2019, 09:56 PM   #9
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

This would be the right direction;

http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/

David Hicks, site sponsor, will get you the OEM parts you need.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:55 AM   #10
gn386
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
This would be the right direction;

http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/

David Hicks, site sponsor, will get you the OEM parts you need.
Let me start by saying thanks Tom, got the new MCOR4 all set up. Still have the same surging issue. After pulling data out of the Alltrax unit and talking with Will there, it appears that the keyswitch circuit is cutting in and out. Now I will have to see if I can't trace the circuit out/bypass it. Any help is appreciated. Have not got any manuals yet.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car