lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2019, 09:31 PM   #1
mayberry32
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV Speed Sweet Spot

I bought a 2014 RXV a few weeks back and it ran 24mph, which was much faster than my old CC Precedent. I took it to the local cart shop today to get a few things repaired on it and the guy added a few mph and told me to see what I thought. It runs 28-29 mph now, and it almost feels too fast when running on the course and cart paths....even on the road in curves. They are adding a 2.5" AllSport Spindle Lift in a few weeks, and I'm taking the street tires off and putting an all terrain tire on it. That being said, for a stable cart that I use to ride on the course, cart paths, and neighborhood roads, what is the speed you have found you like the best? 24 felt great, and I did sometimes wish it went a hair faster. 28 is fun, but feels like it may be a little too fast with small kids on the cart regularly. Should I get him to slow it back down a few mph when I take it back in ?
mayberry32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2019, 09:37 PM   #2
Dave1888188
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV Speed Sweet Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayberry32 View Post
I bought a 2014 RXV a few weeks back and it ran 24mph, which was much faster than my old CC Precedent. I took it to the local cart shop today to get a few things repaired on it and the guy added a few mph and told me to see what I thought. It runs 28-29 mph now, and it almost feels too fast when running on the course and cart paths....even on the road in curves. They are adding a 2.5" AllSport Spindle Lift in a few weeks, and I'm taking the street tires off and putting an all terrain tire on it. That being said, for a stable cart that I use to ride on the course, cart paths, and neighborhood roads, what is the speed you have found you like the best? 24 felt great, and I did sometimes wish it went a hair faster. 28 is fun, but feels like it may be a little too fast with small kids on the cart regularly. Should I get him to slow it back down a few mph when I take it back in ?
Man that's your family. Do what you need to do. I have a cart the wife and kids. They don't drive mine bc it's too fast. She has a adjustable Navitas set up so I can turn it down even lower.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Dave1888188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:05 PM   #3
mayberry32
Not Yet Wild

Definitely don't want kids to get hurt. We drive around the course in the evenings, and let the kids hit balls. Also, I run my dog on the course most every night, with me taking off to the end of the hole and her running behind me. I'm hoping the 2.5" lift won't alter the handling too much. I just hate the jarring I get from the 14" wheels and low profile street tires whenever I hit a bad spot/pothole in the cart path, or a dip in the course. It feels like I'm hitting a brick wall. I'm thinking a very small spindle lift and AT tires on 12" wheels will be a much better ride. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd prefer to go with an A-Arm lift, but the only one made for an RXV is a 6", and I don't want the cart that high. My kids are small and my wife is 4'10". So, I think the All Sports 2.5" lift and 20x12" tires/wheels are my best bet.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:57 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

You're much better off with no lift, and no lift is required for 20" tires. A lift will make your cart even more unstable, and make handling worst, not better.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:02 PM   #5
mayberry32
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
You're much better off with no lift, and no lift is required for 20" tires. A lift will make your cart even more unstable, and make handling worst, not better.
So you think, even with a small lift like 2.5", I'll lose stability and handling?
Old 09-18-2019, 11:35 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayberry32 View Post
So you think, even with a small lift like 2.5", I'll lose stability and handling?
Physics dictates that it will. Raising the center of gravity of a vehicle increases instability. For ground vehicles, the effect is magnified at speed.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:31 AM   #7
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Listen to Bob. In my experience, I found the stock wheel/tire combo to be somewhat unstable as I exceeded 25 mph. I recently went with 10" wheels and 20.5" tires. Got even more speed but moreover a much more stable ride. No interest in a lift. It isn't necessary for using the cart the same as you and would certainly inject a bit of instability.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:36 AM   #8
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't have an RXV, but on my TXT I found that 30 or more was where the cart became scary. I was able to install a personality switch so I have kiddie mode, mamma mode and daddy mode. After months of use, what I have found is the cart lives 100% of the time in mamma mode which tops out at 24/25 mph. Everybody likes it at that speed.

My $0.02 (if it were my cart) would be to ask him to set it back to 24/25 mph. It's your cart so it's your decision.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:49 AM   #9
mayberry32
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
I don't have an RXV, but on my TXT I found that 30 or more was where the cart became scary. I was able to install a personality switch so I have kiddie mode, mamma mode and daddy mode. After months of use, what I have found is the cart lives 100% of the time in mamma mode which tops out at 24/25 mph. Everybody likes it at that speed.

My $0.02 (if it were my cart) would be to ask him to set it back to 24/25 mph. It's your cart so it's your decision.
Do you mind me asking what type of switch that is, and how much it costs?
Old 09-19-2019, 01:39 PM   #10
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I put in an Alltrax controller in my TXT.

Then I bought the switch from ScottyB, but you have to have the Alltrax controller first... Without that, the switch won't work.

It lets me program three different personalities in the controller. So for each one I have different regen, max rpm, throttle rate, etc.

But my end point was that even after all that, we always leave the cart in the middle performance mode that limits it to 24/25 mph. About once every 6 months I'll put it in high performance mode and do some wheelies. Then I turn it back and it lives there.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO