lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2019, 10:08 PM   #1
Mateo82
Not Yet Wild

Default Navitas vs. Alltrax

I am going to switch out the controller on a 2003 club car ds. I have used alltrax in the past but I have been seeing good things about the navitas controllers. Any recommendations on which is better? Going to go with the 400 ish amp either way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Mateo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2019, 10:23 PM   #2
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Navitas vs. Alltrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo82 View Post
I am going to switch out the controller on a 2003 club car ds. I have used alltrax in the past but I have been seeing good things about the navitas controllers. Any recommendations on which is better? Going to go with the 400 ish amp either way.

I've used the xct400, xct500 and now a TSX3.0 600 navitas. So far the navitas has been flawless the throttle calibration makes it super smooth even with the acceleration turned all the way up.

I managed to run 0-20 in 1.9seconds on 30in tires this thing hauls a$$! I switched to this controller because it's the only sepex controller I could find that was 48-72v I'm running it at 66v. The built in bluetooth for programming beats the heck out of the laptop connection on the alltrax. On the app you can search a master list for popular motor maps to load from anywhere as long as you have internet on your phone. No complaints here on either brand tho. I would spend the extra cash and at least go xct500 or navitas 600. Your leaving alot of amps on the table by only going 400/440.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:27 PM   #3
Mateo82
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkerle View Post
I've used the xct400, xct500 and now a TSX3.0 600 navitas. So far the navitas has been flawless the throttle calibration makes it super smooth even with the acceleration turned all the way up.

I managed to run 0-20 in 1.9seconds on 30in tires this thing hauls a$$! I switched to this controller because it's the only sepex controller I could find that was 48-72v I'm running it at 66v. The built in bluetooth for programming beats the heck out of the laptop connection on the alltrax. On the app you can search a master list for popular motor maps to load from anywhere as long as you have internet on your phone. No complaints here on either brand tho. I would spend the extra cash and at least go xct500 or navitas 600. Your leaving alot of amps on the table by only going 400/440.

Nice ride. I am running stock motor and 48v. Can that motor handle the 600 amp?

Mateo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:37 PM   #4
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo82 View Post
Nice ride. I am running stock motor and 48v. Can that motor handle the 600 amp?

Thanks, not sure it would even draw 600 amps but you can set the output of the controller to limit it for the time being. If and when you upgrade the motor you can turn it up. I went 400 the first time and regretted it pretty quick. Not enough torque for big tires.

Old 09-22-2019, 08:40 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Alltrax out sells Navitas 100 to 1 because of their excellent customer support and 2 yr no questions asked warranty.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:31 PM   #6
powerandglory
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Thanks, not sure it would even draw 600 amps but you can set the output of the controller to limit it for the time being. If and when you upgrade the motor you can turn it up. I went 400 the first time and regretted it pretty quick. Not enough torque for big tires.

I’m currently running an XCT400 on my DS with a speed/torque D&D motor on 25 x 10.5 x 12 all terrains. I’m loving it so far. How much more will I enjoy a 500amp or more controller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
powerandglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:11 PM   #7
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerandglory View Post
I’m currently running an XCT400 on my DS with a speed/torque D&D motor on 25 x 10.5 x 12 all terrains. I’m loving it so far. How much more will I enjoy a 500amp or more controller?

It's a big difference. My setup is a little bit more powerful and with with alot less weight because of lithium.

1st is the xct500 at 58v with a mot-a4 motor with a speed map. 27in tires

The second pic is the navitas tsx 600amp at 67v with the mot-a4 and speed map. 30.5in tires.

Third pic is the xct400 mot-a4 60v 30.5in tires.

This is app is called TRC drag race. Search That Racing Channel in the app store and then do a few runs and compare them to mine.

Old 09-22-2019, 11:32 PM   #8
powerandglory
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
It's a big difference. My setup is a little bit more powerful and with with alot less weight because of lithium.

1st is the xct500 at 58v with a mot-a4 motor with a speed map. 27in tires

The second pic is the navitas tsx 600amp at 67v with the mot-a4 and speed map. 30.5in tires.

Third pic is the xct400 mot-a4 60v 30.5in tires.

This is app is called TRC drag race. Search That Racing Channel in the app store and then do a few runs and compare them to mine.

Cool! I’ve only clocked it going 25mph but never thought about 0-20mph clip. I’ll try that and let you know. Thanks

powerandglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car