lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #41
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with Speed Upgrade - 2015 EZ-GO TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlaw8 View Post
Thanks guys...based on my new ability to read (the schematic)...5, 8, 9, 10, and 12 are all good. When I press the pedal 6 does get the voltage, but 12 is not dropping to 0. Both 6 and 12 have the voltage with the pedal depressed.

Appreciate all of your help and apologies for the prior confusion.

Mark
The voltage on Pin-12 gets there via the solenoid's coil.
When the pedal is pushed and B+ is applied to Pin-6, the (solenoid) coil driver inside the controller activates and connects B- to Pin-12, which activates the solenoid.

In a nutshell, the controller is being told to activate the solenoid, but isn't doing it, so the controller is bad. (or the plug/jack connection at Pin-12 might not be making contact - unplug the 16 pin connector, inspect, spray clean, cross fingers and re-plug)

I'm about 99.999% against repairing controllers since only the failed parts are replaced and all the rest of the parts are the same age and have been subjected to the same use/abuse, so additional failures are likely, but repairing the coil driver part of the controller is something I might consider. Especially if the controller had been tweaked by Bob Boyce.

Of course, the best solution is to replace the Curtis 1206HB controller with an Alltrax XCT48400-TXT48 (or larger) controller, which is user programmable and, if so desired, provides even more torque and higher speeds than the Curtis.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2019, 01:45 PM   #42
mlaw8
Not Yet Wild

So I just made my problem worse...cleaned out the pin connector...was plugging it back in and forgot to put cart into tow mode first...spark and burnt pin #9...***!!
mlaw8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:40 PM   #43
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlaw8 View Post
So I just made my problem worse...cleaned out the pin connector...was plugging it back in and forgot to put cart into tow mode first...spark and burnt pin #9...***!!
Ouch!
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO