lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2020, 12:01 PM   #1
Jerry Russell
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 DS IQ Issue

I am a new guy so...

I have a 2005 Club Car DS IQ and it has a couple issues.

1. When the cart sits for a while and I try to go forward or backwards I have to step on the accelerator 3-4 times before it will move. I do hear the loud click from the solenoid each time. After the 3-4 times of tapping the accelerator it will take off and perform normally.

2. It seems to accelerate normally and then drops down to about 7-8 miles per hour and that’s all she has got.

3. Doesn’t seem to have the expected power to climb hills and will just stop when you encounter moderate hills and or a curb sized obstacle.

I am a rookie here and just trying to find a starting point and trying to determine if these things are connected.
Jerry Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2020, 08:32 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 DS IQ Issue

[QUOTE=Jerry Russell;1695017]
1. When the cart sits for a while and I try to go forward or backwards I have to step on the accelerator 3-4 times before it will move. I do hear the loud click from the solenoid each time. After the 3-4 times of tapping the accelerator it will take off and perform normally.

2. It seems to accelerate normally and then drops down to about 7-8 miles per hour and that’s all she has got.

3. Doesn’t seem to have the expected power to climb hills and will just stop when you encounter moderate hills and or a curb sized obstacle.
/QUOTE]

I'm no guru, but hopefully one will come along shortly.
1. I believe this is due to the OBC "waking up", but I'm not 100% sure on that...

2. and 3. Do you have all stock components, or do you have any aftermarket controller, solenoid, etc.? What is your voltage of your battery pack at rest and then in these situations? Give this information and the gurus will be able to help you diagnose the issue. They will have more questions probably.

Hope this helps to get the ball rolling to get you answers...
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 02:13 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

1. This is normal. The controller goes to sleep after a while and must be woken back up by pumping the go pedal.

2. and 3. Sounds like possibly a failing speed sensor. Conduct a speed sensor test and report back with the results: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=68248
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 01:25 PM   #4
Jerry Russell
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
1. This is normal. The controller goes to sleep after a while and must be woken back up by pumping the go pedal.

2. and 3. Sounds like possibly a failing speed sensor. Conduct a speed sensor test and report back with the results: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=68248
Thank you very much! You nailed it. I did the test you described and it indicated a bad speed sensor. Ordered the part and BAM! That cart will peel your eyelids back and will now climb a pine tree. This is a great place for a novice to get help from great people.
Jerry Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 05:54 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Russell View Post
Thank you very much! You nailed it. I did the test you described and it indicated a bad speed sensor. Ordered the part and BAM! That cart will peel your eyelids back and will now climb a pine tree. This is a great place for a novice to get help from great people.
Glad you got it running right Jerry!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car