lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2020, 02:19 PM   #1
Lrbergin
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent MCOR issue or Something Else

I have a 2007 Precedent 48v with an Alltrax XCT400 and I installed a PQ Executioner over the weekend. I loaded the field map for the Executioner that I got directly from Alltrax and all is well for the most part. Took it out for a spin and with the GPS speedometer app I’m getting between about 25-27 MPH. This seems a little slow for the setup but maybe it’s on par with what others are getting? Tires are stock and inflated properly and I don’t believe I have any break drag from what I can tell and bearings seem to be ok. One thing I did notice is that on flat(ish) ground and petal to the metal I could feel the motor starting and stopping intermittently once I got it up to it’s top speed. I’m by no means an expert at this stuff but form what reading I have done I believe it to be an MCOR issue. I didn’t notice it before with the stock motor so not sure if it’s just very coincidental timing with the MCOR or possibly something else I am overlooking? Not sure what other information would be helpful, but pack voltage 51 and change. Any help is appreciated.
Lrbergin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2020, 02:56 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent MCOR issue or Something Else

Could be you are reaching your rpm limit you have set.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:13 PM   #3
Lrbergin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Could be you are reaching your rpm limit you have set.
I was thinking that as well. My question then would be, what else should I look for that could be holding me back on speed? I’ve got 400 amp controller, executioner motor, heavy duty solenoid, newer batteries, and 2ga cables.

Maybe I need to double check the bearings and brake drag. Alignment seems ok but I should probably measure it. Probably should change the rear end oil as well while I’m at it.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:19 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

25mph-27mph is approximately 6,000rpm with stock sized tires, what did You set for your RPM limit in the Alltrax?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:22 PM   #5
Lrbergin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
25mph-27mph is approximately 6,000rpm with stock sized tires, what did You set for your RPM limit in the Alltrax?
6500 is what I was told by PQ to set it at.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:31 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can log the data in the Alltrax software during a full speed run to verify the max RPM reached, but it looks like your are at the RPM limit you imposed.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:39 PM   #7
Lrbergin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
You can log the data in the Alltrax software during a full speed run to verify the max RPM reached, but it looks like your are at the RPM limit you imposed.
I'll try that. I need to get a new cord as the one I got off amazon disconnects sometimes.

Assuming I'm reaching max RPM, what would cause it to average 26 MPH? Seems like I should be getting more out of that setup but maybe my expectations were just too high.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:11 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, that is the speed you get with the stock differential gear ratio of 12.315:1 and stock size tires, approximately 17.5" tall.

You can place those numbers in the speed calculator to verify, it is located in the tool bar under "Quick Links":
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/speed-calculator.php
Old 05-18-2020, 04:24 PM   #9
Lrbergin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Yes, that is the speed you get with the stock differential gear ratio of 12.315:1 and stock size tires, approximately 17.5" tall.

You can place those numbers in the speed calculator to verify, it is located in the tool bar under "Quick Links":
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/speed-calculator.php
Tires are 18.5" so by that estimate I should be getting 29.1 MPH I believe.

I've just been reading other threads with guys getting lower 30's with the same set up so I figured something is out of wack.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car