lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2020, 12:12 PM   #21
Jcaden012
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Female needs help with 89 club car wiring-WONT MOVE!

Update: just checked my coils (thank you Sergio for explaining it the way you did, bc I was able to understand it), and they appear to all be correctly aligned. So now I’m going to check my switches
Jcaden012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2020, 12:17 PM   #22
Jcaden012
Not Yet Wild

I don’t think my issue is the wiring (as I stated prior), I’ve wired many Carts. But I stink at reading a Voltmeter, and I think my issue is either the key switch or F&R. It outlines in an online manual how to test both of those, however, it uses wording like “you should have resistance”, that is like a foreign language. I wish it would just say, your voltmeter should read _____! They need a “golf cart troubleshooting guide for dummies” wherein the verbage is easier for blondes like me 🤪
Old 10-22-2020, 12:18 PM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Keep us posted and I am sure we will get your cart running.

Suggestion, look on the top right of this thread for a menu called "Tread Tools".

Click on the down-arrow on that menu and select "Subscribe to this thread".

Under "Notification Type" select "Instant Notification by Email".

Click "Add Subscription"

That will send you an email anytime someone posts on your thread.

What is the maker and model number of your meter?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:19 PM   #24
Jcaden012
Not Yet Wild

Sergio..I’m doing that right now, you are the BEST!!
Old 10-22-2020, 12:24 PM   #25
Jcaden012
Not Yet Wild

Sergio- I checked the colors of my V glide wires with the diagram you posted and they are correct. I connected the batteries as you suggested, but I’m still getting nothing. My batteries all have a full charge.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:40 PM   #26
Jcaden012
Not Yet Wild

Sorry I don’t know if I’m supposed to respond to Sergio directly, BUT, the only thing that makes sense is for me to just hit the button saying “post quick reply”. But to Sergio...I was following your wiring diagram and noticed the wire where the receptacle fuse is has a red wire doing to Battery +. The prior diagrams had a red wire going to bottom left F&R switch NOT directly to the battery. So...hoping that’s my problem. I have to get my kiddos from school but then going to rewire exactly like your diagram and pray for a miracle. I’m not nearly as quick as you guys, so it will take me a while. I’ll let you know!!🙏
Old 10-22-2020, 12:42 PM   #27
Jcaden012
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, one last thing, on that red wire I’m referring to (going From Charger receptacle right Side to Battery +, what size wire? 16? 18? or in more my terms, I know the sizes of the wire in the cart vary, which one should the Red one mirror, the white one ?
Old 10-22-2020, 12:43 PM   #28
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is how to narrow down the issue.

Set your meter to DC volts.

Set the range to 200 volts if the meter is not "auto-range".

Turn the Key Switch OFF and put the FNR in Neutral.

Put the meter negative probe on the Solenoid small post that has the green wire that goes to your VGLide micro-switch.

Put the meter positive probe on the pack positive battery post.

Without pressing the pedal, if You get +36v that means the micro-switch inside the VGlide is miswired, meaning it is using the N.O. terminal instead of the N.C. terminal.

If instead You get 0v, press the pedal and see if you get +36v.

If You do not get +36v, make sure the black wire that goes from the VGlide micro-switch to the charger receptacle (or pack negative battery post) is making a good connection.

If it is, You need to replace the micro-switch inside the VGlide and wire the two wires, black and green, to the COM and N.C. terminals.

If You do get +36v when you press the pedal, let us know and I will post the test for the Key Switch and FNR switches.

Edit:

Just saw your post after I finished mine, the wire you refer to is a 12 gauge red wire that carries the charger positive to the batteries.

It can go directly to the pack positive battery post or to the bottom left post on the FNR which should have a thick 6 gauge cable that goes to pack positive as well.

Whichever is more convenient to wire but it make no difference.

Last edited by Sergio; 10-22-2020 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Note about charger positive wire.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:45 PM   #29
Jcaden012
Not Yet Wild

Sorry just one more thing before I forget...I mentioned I think it’s either the key switch or the F&R switch, but I suppose it could be my solenoid. If I get spark when I cross the 2 lg posts, doesnt that mean my solenoid is good? Bc i don’t understand how to test with my voltmeter
Old 10-22-2020, 12:49 PM   #30
Jcaden012
Not Yet Wild

Ok I just saw your posting breaking it down in clear terms and will be doing that once I pick up my kids and change that one wire. I hate to keep bothering you, but can you just let me know what size red wire is posted on your diagram you provided me that runs from the charger receptacle to battery + bc I’m starting to wonder if it’s one of the big battery cables or a small one like the thicker green or white ones on my F&R switch.
I’m going to go thru your checklist above in just a bit. Thank you Sergio!

Tags
12v batteries, solenoid, v-glide, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car