lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2020, 06:27 AM   #1
jmientus
Not Yet Wild

Default Replacement Motor.

Hello to all, I have a 2016 precedent with Alltrax 48400 controller, heavy duty solenoid, 2guage wiring, stock motor and stock tires. Max speed is 23 to 24mph. The cart slows to about half that going uphill with 2 people on the cart. I plan on adding a rear seat and the extra weight would really slow it down more on the hills. I would like everyone's input on a replacement motor. I would like to maintain the 23mph but increase torque for uphill. I know I wont get 23mph uphill but Im trying to anticipate the extra weight with 2 more riders (adults) on the back. Ill be replacing the leaf springs with the seat. I think it will be easier to replace the motor while doing the other work. Thanks in advance to all who respond. This is such a great site.
jmientus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2020, 09:45 AM   #2
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: Replacement Motor.

How often are you going to have two people in the back? You may want to think about progressive vs. HD rear springs.

Perhaps give Revolution Golf Cars or Carts Unlimited a ring...that's what they do, and they're site sponsors.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:57 AM   #3
jmientus
Not Yet Wild

yes on the progressive leaf springs. rear passengers a couple times a month. i will b contacting revolution and carts unlimited about motors but i wanted to hear from end users as far as what they expected vs what they are actually experiencing. i really just want more hill climbing torque and still have 23mph on flat ground. thank you for responding.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:43 AM   #4
ncfenceguy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

A little different but maybe this will help.
2012 precedent
440 amp Navitas controller
stock motor
stock wires
stock tires. 21 to 22 mph flat ground, 13 to 14 up hills

Changed from the stock 3.3 hp motor to a 10hp D&D speed motor.
24 to 25mph flat ground.
17 to18 mph up hills.
Not a lot of change on flat ground, but noticeably faster up hills.
As a side note the battery pack in this cart is in need of being replaced and I expect a new pack to show up more on the hill climb ability rather than flat ground speed based on other carts that I have had.
ncfenceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:48 AM   #5
ncfenceguy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The new D&D motor is a bit noisier than I like also. It has a bit of a growl from the start that I haven't experienced with other brands. It might just be this one.....
ncfenceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:37 PM   #6
jmientus
Not Yet Wild

Thank You sooooo much. thats the kind of info i was looking for. anyone with similar setup using an Admiral MOT-A2? This site is great.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:11 PM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

My setup is shown in my signature. The Admiral A2 is a good choice. I don't have a lot of hills but have not noticed much of a drop in speed going up the ones I do.

And this with 8 year old Crown batteries!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:48 PM   #8
jmientus
Not Yet Wild

looks like the Admiral MOT-A2 is gonna b the one. Thanks for your input. it is really appreciated.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:03 PM   #9
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

That motor is advertised as "mild hills"...how big are yours?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:56 AM   #10
jmientus
Not Yet Wild

only 2 hills (dips in the road) from house to pool/clubhouse area. all else is flat. currently the stock motor with alltrax controller makes it up the hills it is just too slow 4 me. if u think another motor might be better please let me know. i see admiral has a "torque" motor but others here have said they could not get 23 to 24 mph. advertising for the torque motor says 24mph but i dont trust advertising. i wll b talking with the experts from the sponsors list. i just want real info from end users.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car