lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2020, 07:35 PM   #31
Bigjmain
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: A-Arm Coilover Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out2Sea View Post
I sure would. Taking a steel pipe then removing the galvanize inside (if any) to slip a bolt into is asking for trouble unless you never seize the heck out of it. No guarantee if you’re near salt water.
The shock bushings are 1 inch on the top and bottom so I don’t think I need to go wider than that.
Bigjmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2020, 09:34 PM   #32
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjmain View Post
Ok, any chance I can just reuse the bushings from the shock? This is a lifted onward with lift from the factory.
The factory sleeve/bushing is one piece in the factory shocks and would not fit into the coilovers I bought.

As for the upper and lower sleeves being 1”, that’s what I measured on the original shocks. But the lower shock mount on the never installed AS lift was larger. Just measured it and as I mentioned above it’s 1-3/16”.

Wayne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6F0CBDB2-22C3-4273-8579-5A071BC9A335.jpg (141.5 KB, 0 views)
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:43 PM   #33
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

Following this thread as I think it's a good idea. For the thoughts on the parts being under stress, what about using one of the heavy duty kits like the RHOX BMF kit. Not sure if it would help for strength or not but if I remember the upper a-arms are a lot beefier.

As for shocks, and length, what about a set of dual rear coiler shocks from a MiniMoto motorcycle. Maybe ones like on a Honda Monkey. They seem like they may be around the right length and some are a progressive spring so may resolve the load a little better.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:19 AM   #34
Bigjmain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
The factory sleeve/bushing is one piece in the factory shocks and would not fit into the coilovers I bought.

As for the upper and lower sleeves being 1”, that’s what I measured on the original shocks. But the lower shock mount on the never installed AS lift was larger. Just measured it and as I mentioned above it’s 1-3/16”.

Wayne
Ok, that makes sense. I just measured my lower at an inch. I have a factory lifted onward so the specs could be a tad off. Will report back this afternoon.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:51 AM   #35
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter99 View Post
Following this thread as I think it's a good idea. For the thoughts on the parts being under stress, what about using one of the heavy duty kits like the RHOX BMF kit. Not sure if it would help for strength or not but if I remember the upper a-arms are a lot beefier.

As for shocks, and length, what about a set of dual rear coiler shocks from a MiniMoto motorcycle. Maybe ones like on a Honda Monkey. They seem like they may be around the right length and some are a progressive spring so may resolve the load a little better.
Regardless of what lift kit you have the upper shock mount remains the same. As for the lower power aka upper control arm. I have the All Sports Ultra 6" A-Arm Lift. This is from All Sports Website

**(Upgrade to the ULTRA Lift for the Most Durable Precedent A-Arm Lift in the Industry! (Upgrades from 1/2" Ball Joints to 5/8" Ball Joints, 1/2" Kingpin Bolts to 5/8" Kingpin Bolts and a Heavy-Duty Upper A-Arm Design.)**

Although ive not confirmed the Upper A-Arms are any different than the standard kit but i can say that the ball joints and king pin bolts are by far much bigger! It also came with safety washers!

Wayne
Old 12-08-2020, 04:57 PM   #36
Bigjmain
Not Yet Wild

Coilovers fit fine but ride to low. I’m going to try turning up the spring rate. I think I could even fit a 250mm coilover at full droop. My a arms don’t bottom out on the frame. Are you interested in swapping?
Old 12-08-2020, 06:14 PM   #37
Bigjmain
Not Yet Wild

230mm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 84DC0E10-8550-4463-807A-DBF2CDD2822D.jpg (127.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-09-2020, 08:33 AM   #38
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjmain View Post
Coilovers fit fine but ride to low. I’m going to try turning up the spring rate. I think I could even fit a 250mm coilover at full droop. My a arms don’t bottom out on the frame. Are you interested in swapping?
**** man, I already tossed them.

Wayne
Old 12-09-2020, 09:46 AM   #39
Bigjmain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Wayne
I think the ones you got would be perfect for the onward. At full droop there is 10 inches between the shock mounts with about an inch clearance between the frame and control arm. Also, I think the onward is more front heavy with the brush guard and other things... I'm going to give the ones you bought a try...
Old 12-11-2020, 02:39 PM   #40
Bigjmain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Wayne
250mm fit great on a lifted onward. The shocks actually almost ride at factory height. They are a tad stiff. I think they will soften up after riding for a while and don’t bottom out my a arm at all. Great find for 50 bucks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 669C9740-C66D-4DB7-93A7-0A84A29359C1.jpg (175.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car