lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #1
Jeffvac
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 Villager Controller

Newbie here! I have a problem that I need your some help on with my 2008 club car villager 8 6 volt batteries in good shape, purchased cart used about a year ago and the SN: QS0830-928990. My neighbor and I followed the tech service manual (around 20 or so steps to diagnose) and come to the determination that the controller is bad.

When we press the accelerator, it starts to go then quits. If you press the accelerator very slowly, then it will go a very very slow then quit and has almost no torque so we believe it is the controller. Batt pack voltage is 50 volts fully charged.

The controller I have is model number 1520-5501 48 500 Amp and when I search for a replacement online, some websites have a note in the product description that this model controller is "Designed to be used only with motor #3258, 3294 or the stock motor."

The motor in the cart is Club Car P/N 102775101 DA5-4006 48V 3.7 HP.

My questions are, How do I confirm if I have a stock motor, and can I simply replace the controller that is in there with the same model number?

Or should I go with an aftermarket and if so, which one.

Sorry for all the questions but my neighbor and are stumped on this one and want to make sure we purchase the right part given the costs involved. TIA!!
Jeffvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2021, 02:57 PM   #2
CC Villager 8
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2008 Villager Controller

Where did you get the service manual for this Curtis Controller?
CC Villager 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:53 AM   #3
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Does the voltage drop drastically when you apply throttle?
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 01:34 PM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvac View Post
Newbie here! I have a problem that I need your some help on with my 2008 club car villager 8 6 volt batteries in good shape, purchased cart used about a year ago and the SN: QS0830-928990. My neighbor and I followed the tech service manual (around 20 or so steps to diagnose) and come to the determination that the controller is bad.

When we press the accelerator, it starts to go then quits. If you press the accelerator very slowly, then it will go a very very slow then quit and has almost no torque so we believe it is the controller. Batt pack voltage is 50 volts fully charged.

The controller I have is model number 1520-5501 48 500 Amp and when I search for a replacement online, some websites have a note in the product description that this model controller is "Designed to be used only with motor #3258, 3294 or the stock motor."

The motor in the cart is Club Car P/N 102775101 DA5-4006 48V 3.7 HP.

My questions are, How do I confirm if I have a stock motor, and can I simply replace the controller that is in there with the same model number?

Or should I go with an aftermarket and if so, which one.

Sorry for all the questions but my neighbor and are stumped on this one and want to make sure we purchase the right part given the costs involved. TIA!!

Simple test if you haven't already tried it. KS off, pump pedal about 15 times fast, then test drive. If everything is now working you need to replace the MCOR.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car