lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2020, 03:20 PM   #1
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default SUCCESSFUL MODZ Charger Onboard Install! See Pictures

Having the charger mounted under the back seat is very convenient and has a clean look!
Caseyrollins08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2020, 03:35 PM   #2
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: SUCCESSFUL MODZ Charger Onboard Install! See Pictures

Looks great! Happy that you were able to get your wiring done along with the onboard charger. You're on a roll.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 03:50 PM   #3
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you CC! Getting the onboard charger installed was WAY easier than my wiring fiasco! Haha
Old 12-12-2020, 05:25 PM   #4
Murby
Gone Wild

This is probably a stupid question, but why not just hook it up directly to the batteries??

Are all on-board chargers wired this way? Seems to me that it kind of defeats the purpose I would want it for.
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:04 PM   #5
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can do that but I still wanted to be able to take it out relatively easy so wiring it directly to the batteries seemed a little more permanent. It’s only 1 extra thing to plug in which isn’t a hassle at all. Technically I could leave it always plugged in to the charger port but it doesn’t look as nice.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:57 PM   #6
Murby
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseyrollins08 View Post
You can do that but I still wanted to be able to take it out relatively easy so wiring it directly to the batteries seemed a little more permanent. It’s only 1 extra thing to plug in which isn’t a hassle at all. Technically I could leave it always plugged in to the charger port but it doesn’t look as nice.
Thanks.. I was seriously concerned about that.

I will eventually get an onboard charger, but wanted to make sure it could be permanently connected to the batteries so all I would have to do is plug an extension cord into the cart like a regular electric vehicle charging on 120.

This way, if I went to a friends house and wanted a topping charge, it would be easy.. who doesn't own an extension cord right?

Good to know.. thanks again.
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:41 AM   #7
Caseyrollins08
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, I completely get it!

Originally I just mounted the charger under the backseat to keep it out of the way but where I wouldn't have to look for it. But, then, after having to pull the charger cord around the side of the cart and finagle it to the charger receptacle I decided that was a huge pain. It was a pain putting the cords back under the seat after charging too.

I added the charger cord holder to make it look cleaner but I've found myself several times just leaving it plugged in to the receptacle while I drive it around and it doesn't bother me at all. Then get back home and just plug in the extension cord.
Old 12-16-2020, 05:07 PM   #8
Spoolx
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murby View Post
Thanks.. I was seriously concerned about that.

I will eventually get an onboard charger, but wanted to make sure it could be permanently connected to the batteries so all I would have to do is plug an extension cord into the cart like a regular electric vehicle charging on 120.

This way, if I went to a friends house and wanted a topping charge, it would be easy.. who doesn't own an extension cord right?

Good to know.. thanks again.
Mine is wired directly to the batteries.. it’s literally two wires with ring terminals so there is nothing permanent about it.
Spoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:37 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolx View Post
Mine is wired directly to the batteries.. it’s literally two wires with ring terminals so there is nothing permanent about it.
This is what we do. I've had my Lester Summit hardwired to the pack for 4 years. No worries. Replaced the charge receptacle with a RV type 110v cord connection. You just pull out a cord and plug it in. We even sell the 10g hardwire kit with rings on both ends. But to each their own. This works too
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:46 PM   #10
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolx View Post
thats the way I would have done
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger modz onboard
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car