lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
seanmcg
Getting Wild

Default question for custom motor guys/gals

I finally finished my 2002 DS install of the Alltrax controller, HD F & R switch, Solenoid, and cables (Thank you ScottyB for the kit and the help). Then I bought a Plum Quick Rattlesnake motor. The cart is running top speed of 24mph, which is not bad, but it seems considerably slower than the 28-30mph that the Plum Quick people said it would run. Also, the cart is kind of "herky jerky" for lack of a better term, when you try to move slowly or go in reverse. When you first hit the throttle, the motor appears to rock back and forth before it takes off, which is really the rear axle moving.

My question is are there any tweaks I should be making in the Alltrax software that will make the cart run better/smoother? I have not made any changes to the software. Also, does the motor normally move around when you accelerate?

Any tips from someone who has done this type of setup would be grealy appreciated.

As always, thanks for any help.

Sean
seanmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2020, 08:00 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: question for custom motor guys/gals

Im hitting 30 mph with my PQ and have no herky jerky and rear end moment. How big of a alltrax did you install ?
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:04 PM   #3
seanmcg
Getting Wild

This is what I have.

Alltrax SR48500 controller, MZJ400 solenoid, HD F&R Switch
Old 12-15-2020, 05:59 PM   #4
seanmcg
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Im hitting 30 mph with my PQ and have no herky jerky and rear end moment. How big of a alltrax did you install ?
Please tell me if you can think of something I might have done incorrectly. Any chance you could upload some photos of your wiring setup? I know that's a long shot, but worth asking.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:54 PM   #5
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

You could plug in your lap top and see if your throttle signal is 1. Going smooth from 0-100% and 2. Make sure it’s getting to 100%. For the series motors I would imagine you would need a wild looking throttle ramp to get anything weird like your describing.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:25 PM   #6
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

This is a little out there, but it adds up and is dangerous so worth checking.

Make sure the bolts are torque correctly on the rear axle. If the rear axle is twisting during acceleration that would cause the jerky feel. Also if it twisted enough the brake cable would be pulled applying brake action. Reason for low top speed.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:33 AM   #7
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Definitely time to get out the laptop.
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 08:50 AM   #8
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

the only difference there is between this diagram and my cart is I installed reverse contactors and got rid of the standard F/R set up. My cart ran the same before and after that change .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Electrical Diagram stock 2000 DS.jpg (309.6 KB, 0 views)
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:15 PM   #9
golfer188910
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmcg View Post
I finally finished my 2002 DS install of the Alltrax controller, HD F & R switch, Solenoid, and cables (Thank you ScottyB for the kit and the help). Then I bought a Plum Quick Rattlesnake motor. The cart is running top speed of 24mph, which is not bad, but it seems considerably slower than the 28-30mph that the Plum Quick people said it would run. Also, the cart is kind of "herky jerky" for lack of a better term, when you try to move slowly or go in reverse. When you first hit the throttle, the motor appears to rock back and forth before it takes off, which is really the rear axle moving.

My question is are there any tweaks I should be making in the Alltrax software that will make the cart run better/smoother? I have not made any changes to the software. Also, does the motor normally move around when you accelerate?

Any tips from someone who has done this type of setup would be grealy appreciated.

As always, thanks for any help.

Sean

I had a DS do this not to long ago and it was the controller not being properly programmed. Contact plumquick to see if they have any suggestions in setting up the controller & go from there... Play around with it on the laptop. It cant get much worse, right?
golfer188910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:54 AM   #10
seanmcg
Getting Wild

Thank you for all the help. I will get get working on all of this.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car