lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2021, 12:14 PM   #11
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2013 EZGO RXV No Go

Thanks I’ll look into that this evening. I did just remove the middle battery and reinstalled it. Maybe I nicked or crimped the connection somehow.

BTW. Battery indicator came back on this morning when I was reinstalling electric brake. Not sure why that would matter.

I went to move the cart this morning and it slowwwwly moved about 10 feet and stopped. Checked battery bank voltage and it was only 46v. I then checked each battery and had one at only 10.6v. Batteries are 4yrs old. I bit the bullet and bought 4 new batteries. Will get them installed this evening and see where I’m at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2021, 12:29 PM   #12
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbdale View Post
Thanks I’ll look into that this evening. I did just remove the middle battery and reinstalled it. Maybe I nicked or crimped the connection somehow.

BTW. Battery indicator came back on this morning when I was reinstalling electric brake. Not sure why that would matter.

I went to move the cart this morning and it slowwwwly moved about 10 feet and stopped. Checked battery bank voltage and it was only 46v. I then checked each battery and had one at only 10.6v. Batteries are 4yrs old. I bit the bullet and bought 4 new batteries. Will get them installed this evening and see where I’m at.

The wires you're going to be looking for are bundled inside a black plastic ribbed conduit. There will be about 6 red connected together in one welded connection. I believe that might be where you find a problem. It's just one more tell-tale sign that the state of charge meter went back to working. Characteristic of a bad connection.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:31 PM   #13
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes controller could be shutting down do to the low voltage.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 07:17 PM   #14
bbbdale
Gone Wild

So far so good. Re-did the sonic weld and installed new batteries. Throttle reacts like it should. Battery indicator is working. Staying around the house for now til I trust it more.

Still have a noise coming from either the motor or axle. Gonna jack it up after I eat and see where its coming from.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:31 PM   #15
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You really need to fully charge those new batteries before you go any farther.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:26 PM   #16
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
You really need to fully charge those new batteries before you go any farther.

I only drove about 300 yards. The rear end noise was too much to ignore so I removed the motor, jacked up the rear of the cart and spun the wheels. No grinding noise. I removed the electric brake from the disconnected motor and spun the motor by hand. Grinding noise back. So its definitely coming from the motor.

What are my options now? Repair the motor? Replace the motor?

Old 07-27-2021, 09:26 PM   #17
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default 2013 EZGO RXV No Go

Makes the same sound as a bad bearing would.

Old 07-28-2021, 12:34 AM   #18
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm trying to get my head wrapped around just how you spin tested the motor with it off the cart. If it's off the cart with the motor brake off, and laying on it's side, then the armature is going to drag on the inside of the field windings. The only way to turn it freely off the cart is to stand it on its tail end, which you cant do because it would be standing on the tail end of the armature protruding from the motor. I don't get how you tested.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:11 AM   #19
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've just read this and would have the same question, how did you tested the motor off the cart?
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:36 AM   #20
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default 2013 EZGO RXV No Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
I've just read this and would have the same question, how did you tested the motor off the cart?

I stood it on its end, put it on the edge of the cart and turned the internals. Then I laid it on its side and it still moved enough to hear the grinding.

I don’t know what it means that it turns, but it does.

I’m guessing there is a bearing inside the motor that is shot. Really don’t want to drive the cart like it is. Thinking I’ll start taking the motor apart and try to save it before I buy a replacement.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO