lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
muckinfonkey
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Gas in the oil

I am working on a 95' club car. The engine would not roll over....owner fried the starter trying..... the cylinder was FULL of gas, not allowing the piston to move.....drained the gas/oil.....thought maybe float valve and completely cleaned carb. Put it together and ran great.....it is back with the same problem again.....
Could it be the carb again....float valve?
I've seen some posts that elude to the fuel pump possibly pushing gas into the crank case?
Could it be valves? Can you adjust the club car valves?....if so...what would that procedure look like?
Any help would be great....thanks
muckinfonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
sickcraft
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Gas in the oil

The cylinder shouldn't fill with gas unless the overflow tube is clogged or prevented to drain. Before I understood why all the gas was coming out the overflow tube, I put it up in the air and the cylinder filled up.

I would stick with the carb. I cleaned it and cleaned it, replaced fuel lines and filter, but still had the overflow. I swore it had to be something else. One final soaking and blow out and now I haven't had the problem since. Replace the fuel filter and fuel lines, if you haven't and try to really clean it thoroughly on more time.
sickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Gas in the oil

Two ways for fuel to get into engine but only one way for it to get into the top of the bore, through the intake valve from the carb.
Valves dont have anything to do with it.
Check/shake the float when you have it apart, listen for fuel inside of it.
If the problem continues after repeated cleaning replace the carb. You will do more damage by washing the cylinder and piston down with gas and shorten the life of the engine.
Check your air filter, If fuel soaked it should be replaced as well.

My daughters CC did this once and it ended up being mudobber nest in vent hose, cleaned it and installed a little in tank fuel filter from a chainsaw on the end of it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car