lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
dutdut1981
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default What do I need to turn 25x10-12?

I need some input, I just bought some 25x10-12 tire/rims. I have a bone stock 36v ezgo with 8" lift in the rear and 6" in the front(me-made). I am going to the store today to get new trojan batteries. should I get 6 8v and change to 48v or will 36v turn these tires? I am plaining on going 48v in time but if I can get away with 36v now and add 2 bats in a couple of months that would be better on my packet book. I know I need a new controller too but will the stock one hold up a little or will it smoke it asap? Is going with a lower gear rear end better?I only need to go 10-12mph anyway. I planing on using it for hunting on small hills money is tight
dutdut1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What do I need to turn 25x10-12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutdut1981 View Post
I need some input, I just bought some 25x10-12 tire/rims. I have a bone stock 36v ezgo with 8" lift in the rear and 6" in the front(me-made). I am going to the store today to get new trojan batteries. should I get 6 8v and change to 48v or will 36v turn these tires? I am plaining on going 48v in time but if I can get away with 36v now and add 2 bats in a couple of months that would be better on my packet book. I know I need a new controller too but will the stock one hold up a little or will it smoke it asap? Is going with a lower gear rear end better?I only need to go 10-12mph anyway. I planing on using it for hunting on small hills money is tight
This final statement kind of kills the 48 volt upgrade idea then! If you have a series cart, then you MUST upgrade to 4 gauge cables. A controller upgrade to 400 amp will also help - This will be the minimum upgrade(s) that you should do and will also still be usable IF you decide later to go 48 volts...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
dutdut1981
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What do I need to turn 25x10-12?

these are the steps I decided to take, please correct me if I am going at it in the wrong direction.

1st) 6ea 6v bats ( I picked them up today $545)

2nd) 400 alltracts controller (try to sell stock one on ebay)

3rd) buy charger ( I have two already, 36v powerwise and 48v porwerdrive2 for a club car) I think if I sell both, I can buy 1ea 48v charger that will work on a ezgo, please let me know if to want to trade)

Last buy two more Trojans and 48v solenoid

Am I missing anything?
dutdut1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO