lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #11
dcraines
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO motor issues

Ok, I have 36vdc at the small post at solenoid and it clicks when I switch from forward to reverse, it must be opening under load since the motor starts to move then drops out. I messed with it and it started working for about ten feet and then it dropped out again. Do you think it is still the solenoid?
dcraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #12
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

If you put it in Forward and the solenoid clicked, you have an activated micro switch, which shouldn't be activated. Check the one behind the F/R switch.

You dont mention year, but that would help here.

If it started to move, check battery voltage as a stuck solenoid is going to drain the battery pack down to nothing.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #13
dcraines
Not Yet Wild

its a 1991
Old 03-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #14
dcraines
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: EZGO motor issues

I replaced the solenoid and it worked, the clicking is the F/R has a neutral center position which removes the power from the solenoid when crossing the middle position not allowing the motor to run if switch is not in foward or reverse. Thanks for the help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO