lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2010, 03:44 AM   #11
BBissitt
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Slow to Start

I have the same issue with my 86 flathead does anybody know the settings on that carb like Lockman described.
BBissitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #12
Boones
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Don, I checked the year and its a 94 Carry all as indicated by your post.. However, I was unable to locate anything on the motor itself. I sent the seller an email asking if he could verify the motor. I'm stil awaiting his respone.

shane, I did charge the battery yesterday and it seems to turn over better, but as for running, well I still need to go to the floor to get it to start.

One other thing I noticed.. I removed the black wire from the micro switch (so it would idle) and as soon as my foot comes off the go pedal it dies.

Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted as my progress goes on..

Thanks to everyone for ALL the help so far.. This forum rocks!
Boones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #13
Boones
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lockman.. thanks for posting the carb adjustments.. I'll try that when I get home this afternoon..
Old 03-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #14
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Most likely you have an FE290 engine (Checked a week ago, FE350's weren't used until 95/96)
BUT... it'll all depend on the next 2 numbers... eg. EG94XX (that's the week of manufacture)

As for the engine stopping when you let off of the GO pedal,
you have to turn the idle screw (#9) up, so it'll continue running!

I'm ROOTN' for ya'!

And... Yes... BGW DOES ROCK!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #15
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Just for fun, pull the plug wire off and put another plug in it and ground it.
Slowly push the go pedal just until it starts spinning, check for spark.
If you have spark I would suggest a carb cleaning.
If you have no spark continue to push the pedal down until you get spark, you might need to adjust the micro to get spark as soon as the motor starts turning.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #16
Boones
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Update...

I adjusted to carb to the specs provided by Lockman and installed a new plug Autolite#64 and air filter... Seems to be running alot better than it was... So I'm alot better off today than I was yesterday.

I just ordered a carb kit today.. I need that bowl drain plug (its still leaking).. Since I had to order the kit for that one screw, I figured I might as well as pull the carb and do it right the first time.

Hey, at least its running sooo much better, so much better that my 7 year old daughter was able to drive me around in it today.

Super big thanks to all those that contributed to help me resolve this issue.. I hope that one day I'll be able to contibute as well.. Kinda like the pay it forward thing..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car