lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #11
Dawgone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ST Sport II - Wanting a Softer Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Your cart and your neighbors are TOTALLY different frames and designs.
I understand completely....

I'm just trying to spark up some ideas from people that are "in the know" to help me out...

I guess I should have stated that I'm willing to accomplish what I'm after... I'm very much capable of making it happen.... But I was just trying to get the people "in the know" on my page and get me in the right direction... for in case, I over look things....

I do not work on these things everyday.... And I love to customize for my own taste.... which seems to be absolutely opposite of what everyone else wants now-a-days... I had my reasons for not buying a Yammy Rhino over this cart...

I am just trying to spark up some ideas.... as from my hours of searching...no one is trying anything that I have done.... at least the search indexes on this forum, show this...

I totally am not trying to rub anyone wrong here.... I'm honestly trying to learn something...

Seriously... I do appreciate the feedback...
Dawgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #12
Dawgone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Your cart and your neighbors are TOTALLY different frames and designs.
BTW... I've asked some simple questions, and you straight up answered them perfectly....

Thanks.... of course.. I wish thing could go my way.... obviously... this is not the case and it won't be as easy as I had hoped for......

Thanks again bro....
Old 05-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #13
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

if you swap the rear springs or soften the ride you will loose weight capacity if the bed.

adding air shock will actuatly make the cart ride rougher. i have a set on my 78 cmaaro and it stiffened the rear up, which is not what i wanted. You may try swapping the rear spings with stanard HD springs and adding longer shackles to get your height.

I kno you just bought wheels, but you should have gotten 20x10x8 and put 8 inch wheels on the cart and that would have given you a bigger sidewall for more flex. Just throwing ideas out there. I have not had anyone complain about the ride of these carts. I have had on the RXV but not a sport 2
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #14
Dawgone
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I tossed around the idea around about the 20" tires on 8" wheels.... I finally made up my mind to try to get as close to the stockers as possible.... but in a "radial" tread pattern.... So far I love these tires...

I did however get a hold of some of the standard 2 leaf springs.... unfortunately, I'm told that the front springs are the same as any other model.... so maybe I'll try to ditch the shocks, and see how it rides without them....

If things go my way, I should be able to install the new std springs in the rear this weekend.... and I'll post my results...

Hopefully it'll get me close to what I'm after....

Thanks again for everyone's help... This forum is full of knowledgeable and fun people...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO