lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
trikes
Not Yet Wild

Default checking ID, 1994 EZ-GO

Checking to see what I have,
serial#791958 ID#C3194

Looking like I have a 1994, Medalist, "it is a steel body"
Is it a series?
the FNR lever is just behind my knee and my foot feed pedal has a rod going to a resister with a lever on it.
Looking to make it a bit better for now. Other than 4 gauge wires, good batteries, what else is there that could help it go more than a few laps around our RV park "no hills really"
Thank You
trikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: checking ID, 1994 EZ-GO

Yes, series system. Not much else you can do without sinking some major $$$ in to it. Good batteries and cables should get you around nicely at 12-13 mph for most of a day of stop and go driving. For example, a golf course will routinely run a cart 36 holes of golf or 7-8 hours of driving typically with a load of two humans and two sets of golf clubs.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
trikes
Not Yet Wild

I assume you might mean go to a 48 volt system. I may have a shunt motor, would I have to change that to?
Old 05-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikes View Post
I assume you might mean go to a 48 volt system. I may have a shunt motor, would I have to change that to?
Why do you say/think you have a shunt wound motor?

Higher voltage is always available if you have the budget.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
trikes
Not Yet Wild

I don't know, I've read so many post on here I'm getting confused. I guess I'm wondering if my 1994 series EZGO motor is a good enough motor for upgrades even if it checks out ok.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Since you have a pre-94.5 Medalist you'll find that bolt on bling is limited when compared to later model TXT's. I do believe you can pretty easily graft a newer TXT front clip on to that chassis. I think there are a few members on here that have done that.

Your control system and series wound motor are fine for upgrade and you can easily over volt the motor, get a higher amp controller, lift, tires, etc. etc. You get the picture.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
trikes
Not Yet Wild

I thank you for the info, and the dream goes on at this point.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #8
athomas03
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Trikes, I've got a 96' medalist that I've upgraded. Beyond the batts and cables you mentioned, I would recommend getting an EMP motor to add some speed, if that is what you want. For $350 you can get your speed to the 20's. If you want a little more pull, get a 400 amp contoller to go with and or the speed/torque switch EMP makes to go with there upgraded motors ($100). Just like PG said, you got the $$$, you can go on and on and on... But, the EMP motor would be your cheapest option to get the most performance. I'm not as familiar with PlumQuick but, they have some motor options there, too. Hope this helps.
athomas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #9
rjriley1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The picture in my avatar is a 95 metalist I originally bought for $900 about 8 years ago. Before I bought this cart someone got in a fight with a drunkin tree. The metal body was dented up pretty bad so I was told a newer TXT body would work on the metalist frame. So I change the body. I've upgraded to 500 amp controller, white rogers HD solenoid, HD F/R switch, and a GE 4600 rpm motor. My cart runs 20mph with me in it @ 260lbs. These upgrades have costed $1500 without the price of a set of 6 new Trojan T-105's. batteries were about $650 or so. I put alot of miles on my 36V cart and have never looked back. I rode mine stock for several years with no maintenance other than a charge. If the price is right buy it.
rjriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #10
trikes
Not Yet Wild

Well, I've discovered I'm not the brightest I once was.... Thought I'd do a check on my batteries, I started and WHOA! I got 4 cells in each of my Trogen batteries? Did somebody do the upgrade before I got it or did this come with 48 volt from the factory? Refer to my first post for info on my EZGO.
Thank You
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO